Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FS: 1000 Lumen XM-L T6 Maglite Mod With Voltage Monitor - Parts, or Complete Light!

jayrob

Well I was originally looking for another set of cells for my light when I noticed the link was bad (not your fault) it looks like they changed up the site like you said. I went back to Novae to order 2 more 32650 protected cells and when I went to pay, PayPal told me that thy were unable to receive payments right now..... Hmm..... So I said whatever I can live with 32600's or some other 32 series cell. Well KD is out of stock, that Flydragon site is down, eBay is void of any, and google did not turn up any... Any suggestions where I can find 32600 or 32650 cells?

I'm sure that Novae will be able to fix the problem soon...

I recommend the 32650's if you already have your light modified to fit them.

I stock a few of the 32600's, but reserve them for people who buy kits that use those cells. Like my Saik kit, Maglite kit, or this XM-L T6 mod...

Anu

I had Jay build me one of these bad boys and I am very happy with it. It is light, powerful, bright, and long lasting. The battery indicator is classy, attractive, and a nice addition. I got it in smoke, which I think is a great color for such a powerful light. If you want to be able to light up a room inside a house through the window, this is the light for you.

jayrob

I had Jay build me one of these bad boys and I am very happy with it. It is light, powerful, bright, and long lasting. The battery indicator is classy, attractive, and a nice addition. I got it in smoke, which I think is a great color for such a powerful light. If you want to be able to light up a room inside a house through the window, this is the light for you.

Glad you like it! :)

Thanks for posting back! :beer:

Anu

So I have had this light for a couple of weeks now, and with normal use, have yet to either charge the batteries, or see the battery indicator go down at all. In the first post i believe Jay said the batteries last 4 hours on high, and I have a hard time believing that. I turn this thing on ever day and have even used it as my soul source of light in my house at night just because I can. It is also extremely durable. I have dropped it a few times and it has been fine. Today I brought it over to a retail store that sells high end, "sure fire" flashlights that had a couple hundred lumen and cost about $160. There was no comparison. Jays light on level 1 was as bright as their $70 flashlight, on 2 was as bright as, if not a little brighter then their $160 flashlight, and at level 3, it outshown every single model they had, combined.

And durable. Everything about this construction shows durability and strength. I am looking forward to having this light a long, long time. Jay, your craftsmanship is superb.

Last edited:

Fiddy

haha yeah i hear ya, ive had mine for almost 2 months, using it as a light to light up a whole room and its just changed from blue to cyan on the voltage monitior LED lol

In the event of a a blackout this will be the first thing i will go for :)

jayrob

Hey you guys, thanks for posting! :thanks:

I have one in each car, one on my desk, and one in the case just for safe keeping! Lol...

Good, all purpose 'go to' light! :beer:

tee

Just received my light yesterday and was chomping at the bit for it to get dark so I could go and check it out. Got a call just before supper to go and load a water truck that was freezing in muskeg roads when the transmission went out. Grabbed the light and packed a lunch, and headed off to work for an all-nighter. I'm not sure if anyone that has purchased one of these rigs has used it in an all white snow covered environment, but I'm here to tell you it is incredible! It lights up everything with the reflection on the snow, the driver of the water truck was amazed how bright it was (as was I). It was -24c last night and it laid in the snow on my lowbed to light up the underside of the disabled water truck so I could secure it to the deck once loaded and never missed a beat. The durability test will be to see how long it survives in my work environment of -40 temperatures and being exposed to road salt and snow until our winter season is over.

Thanks Jayrob, amazing cratsmanship in a totally functional light that has so far exceeded my expectations.

Troy.

jayrob

Just received my light yesterday and was chomping at the bit for it to get dark so I could go and check it out. Got a call just before supper to go and load a water truck that was freezing in muskeg roads when the transmission went out. Grabbed the light and packed a lunch, and headed off to work for an all-nighter. I'm not sure if anyone that has purchased one of these rigs has used it in an all white snow covered environment, but I'm here to tell you it is incredible! It lights up everything with the reflection on the snow, the driver of the water truck was amazed how bright it was (as was I). It was -24c last night and it laid in the snow on my lowbed to light up the underside of the disabled water truck so I could secure it to the deck once loaded and never missed a beat. The durability test will be to see how long it survives in my work environment of -40 temperatures and being exposed to road salt and snow until our winter season is over.

Thanks Jayrob, amazing cratsmanship in a totally functional light that has so far exceeded my expectations.

Troy.

Great to hear...

It's built for duty. Long run times, and not over driving the emitter. I'll bet it would have been fine on medium or even low in the snow.

Thanks for posting! :beer:

Last edited:

tee

Great to hear...

It's built for duty. Long run times, and not over driving the emitter. I'll bet it would have been fine on medium or even low in the snow.

Thanks for posting! :beer:
I'm sure low and medium will be well utilized when no one else is around....but if there's a witness, it's high all the way :D

Will you be creating some 3 XM-L emitter flashlights with approx 2000 lumens of output anytime soom jay? I would really be interested in one!

jayrob

Yes I'd be interested in doing something like that if I can come up with the right ingredients for it to be worthy...

I say that, because it seems like going for 2000 lumens means sacrificing run time. And of course more heat management needed as well, but the main thing is the throw.

I was looking at the Nitecore TM11 XM-L Triple, and per this video, it is more of a flood type vs a thrower:

So I'll have to do some experimenting to see just how much better it really is with three small reflectors vs 1 large reflector, but my initial feeling, it that it's going to just be a wider spot. Might have to go with a larger Maglite as well for more voltage. I'll be keeping my eye out...

Funny you mentioned the TM11. I just purchased on from goinggear after having read how good it is at being small, powerful and efficient. More throw would have been better but that would have meant sacrificing it's compact structure. Better keep throw for lasers because they excel at that! Good luck with your future builds, I am looking forward to admiring them.

Fiddy

Heres a custom GITD O-ring i made for my 2D maglite.

oring7.jpg

Here's the thread.

Last edited:

jayrob

Nice find! :cool:

PM sent for ordering! :beer:

Had to post this latest buyer feedback from over at Candle Power Forums... :D

JayRob Rocks!! I just got my "Stubby" today, modified 2D MagLite cut down to a single cell for a 32650 Li-ion and his own heatsink with Cree XM-L T6 emitter. This little bad boy is amazing!! Excellent work on the cutting down, the light has 3 modes...low that is like a "regular" light...med that reminds me very much of a Malkoff P60...high that blows away my trucks high beams and the P7 mod that I did myself to another MagLite. Great work Jay, thank you very much! Folks, this guy is not only an excellent machinist, he put up with me!! And was courteous and quick to answer my endless questions. :)

Comparison pics to follow, with a stock MagLite LED using their new Cree emitter, my own mod with the P7 and Jay's recommended voltage monitor, and the new Stubby. Remember when looking at these that although the Stubby is quite a bit more powerful than the P7 mod, it's running on only 1 32650 instead of the 2 the P7 has!! Excellent efficiency! The driver works equally well and is very easy to switch between the modes. I now have the Perfect flashlight!

DBCustoms 1.jpg

DBCustoms 2.jpg

The tree that's lit up is 194 yards away, don't know if you'll notice, but the trees in the background are illumated with SPILL at 536 yards from the light!! Fantastic job Jay, Thank You!

Last edited:

Fiddy

wow they are some nice pics!

Gota love that voltage monitor LED, its so choice :p