Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Frustrated due to delays (fixed, error in communications was the culprit)

TL;DR: I was going through the process of buying a laser, and as a first-timer I didn't know what to expect. The builder was busy, he didn't get all my messages, and I didn't get all of his messages either. Miscommunication (or lack thereof) ensued and things sorta got ugly.

Sorry.

Now that we've gotten back in touch I think we understand what happened and it was entirely unintentional.

Last edited:

Re: Frustrated due to delays :/

3 weeks doesn't seem like much of an issue to me. I know it feels different whe you are the one waiting.

Without knowing who you are dealing with its hard to say if there is a problem. Either give it some more time or give us a name. ;).

Blord

The seller is not quite honest in the response. I believe an open conversation is a must when dealing with customers. If the time scheme is not met with the buyer has the right to cancel the order and get a refund.

Jaseth

Taking payments for products which have yet to be assembled has often been a problem on LPF. Well meaning sellers can back themselves into a corner and begin to sound like they are full of shit because they don't live up to their promises. Sometimes life gets in the way, sometimes they just zone out and don't pull themselves together. Both understandable, but both a nightmare for customers.
If you are likely to be unable to complete an order, stop taking more orders and communicate with the customer. Even if you don't have a laser business as such, you still have legal obligations to your buyers.

In this case, 3 weeks is not a terribly long wait but it is frustrating considering what was promised. I would ask for an honest and clear reason for the delay as well as a new estimate of when it should be done. If it is a long time from now or he once again exceeds the estimate, I would ask for a refund.

Last edited:

I have been told I shouldn't have to worry. Thank you all for your advice, though. Let's see how this plays out...

Please let us know if this drags on or communication from the seller ceases.

I love these mysterious threads. Makes me want to pretend to be an investigator and see if I can crack the case LOL.

I love these mysterious threads. Makes me want to pretend to be an investigator and see if I can crack the case LOL.

I know exactly how you feel :crackup:
Can I be Sherlock? you can be my Watson :D

First Off Iam THe Builder I got nothing to Hide.

The Delay Is due to a Mistake on the time frame on 1 of the other laser i was working on. Which through me off.

I mean I will be 1 day late from your time frame. Which i must admit with the 29 private messages you sent me n these 3 weeks i forgot i quoted you 7-10 days and was going off the 3 weeks.

If I shipped it out Monday you will have it Tuesday. as I ship EMS.

When you start building as many laser as i do and Have to answer 30+PM's a day I want to see how someone cant get back up or make a mistake on a time frame. I mean Ive build and sold over 200 laser and iam late 1 time and i get slashed.

It is No Excuse as I should not have been late but I mean seriously.

I try to make everyone happy. Everyone knows that.

Jordan If you want a Refund i will refund you Right away. It is not a Problem. In fact i would rather do this at this point..

Iam Sorry that i was a little Late. I really dont know what else to say.

As I said in the Final PM to you the laser was done and was Testing.

You are completely taking this over board with your last comment in your original post and blowing this up way out of the water for something as Innocent as being late..

I have served this forum well for a very long time. Being late 1 time and I so happened to get slashed for it. This is Really Unreal and i dont believe it.

As stated when i get home from work ill show you the Pictures. Iam not going to post all them but a couple:
fce3f901.jpg

eb6524fa.jpg

Not to mention I thought i was being Nice to surprise you and tell you when i showed the LPM test that I had Upgraded you to 2.2W from your Original purchase of 1.6W and Included a G1 lens because you stated you wanted to Burn to make you even more happy. FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE.

I understand I was Late. OK Sorry. But some of the Things you say in the Original Post is Completely overboard for this Situation as Innocent as being late.

Think about it.

You dont get a reputation as i have for being late all the time. This is 1 rare time that i so happen to mis judge a time frame.

Anyway, PM incoming to discuss Refund.

Sorry for being late. It was a Honest Mistake on the time frame.

But i can tell you that we are not robots. Even the Most reputable guys are late sometimes..:undecided: I am not perfect. I was not Intentional making it late.

Last edited:

I think I understand better now, and I'm sorry. Being so new to this really puts me at a disadvantage, I had no idea you were so busy, and was just paranoid of getting ripped off again.

I'm sorry that I took this overboard; like I said, I wasn't sure how to handle this and so I didn't want to publicly attack you on a thread before trying to get it worked out in our messenging.

If you look at it from my shoes, though, I find a highly-recommended seller and start running into delay after delay and start getting paranoid. I don't want to deface you, but I'm getting scared and frustrated. I don't know how to handle the situation properly: assuming the best, and you just had an error figuring how long it would take, then I would just post that on this thread and probably even recommend you. Assuming the worst and that I'm getting ripped off by somebody on the internet, I'm just trying to cover my bases.

We both had some problems (you didn't get one of my early notes, and I never got a note about the upgraded power, I'm sad I missed that, it would have changed things).

Again, I'm sorry that I upset you by going overboard. I was trying to cover myself and there have been a few communication issues along the way. You have always bern very timely in your communications with me, so I was never aware I had missed one of your messages.

As for refunding goes: personally I would prefer a laser over a refund. I came here to buy a quality laser and I know you can deliver, but if you would prefer to refund me I understand. I will even pay extra to make up the difference, if you wish, if you choose not to refund.

I've probably forgotten a few things to say but I will probably reply again if there's anything else I need to say. I'm not intending to create drama, just settle my frustrations. Again, sorry.

Hey Jordan thats OK.

My only goal is for you to be happy.

I think you prior experience with other sellers really gave you a fuzzy look at everything.

I think you where just Excited.

Alot of people get Excited when they are getting a laser. Sometimes it can effect there judgment believe it or not.

I take my laser builds very seriously. I have a 100% Positive Feedback on this forum with all Happy buyers. Even off this forum it is the same. I would like to keep it that way forever.:)

I would stop at Nothing to keep that at 100%

So I'd be more then happy to still send the laser.:) Even more i will include an extra gift on top of the Power increase and lens for the trouble and the slight delay i caused for you.:)

Ill PM you now.