Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Frequency of Use Survey

IsaacT

I would like to conduct a survey regarding your lasers, and how frequently you use them.

Question 1: How many Lasers do you currently own or are in possession of?

Question 2: Of those, how many do you not use at least once a month?

Question 3: Are there any that you cannot remember the last time you used them?

Question 4: What is your most used Laser currently?

Question 5: What is your most common application(burning, pointing, photography, etc) and how often do you engage in it?

Question 6: Do you have any Lasers which you only retain possession of to be able to include the wavelength in your signature? If yes, which one(s)?

Question 7: How often per day/week do you login to LPF to check your UserCP?

Question 8: How often per day/week do you browse threads you are not yet subscribed to?

Question 9: How many times per day/week do you load the B/S/T section of the forum?

Question 10: What do you consider an "appropriate" number of Lasers to own?

Just wondering, if you respond I greatly appreciate it. This will give me an idea of how other people interact with their Lasers(how often, in what way, etc).

Thanks,
Isaac

djQUAN

- 6 handheld, 2 labby

-all of the handhelds

-one of the labbys

-the pen style lasers

Question 5: What is your most common application(burning, pointing, photography, etc) and how often do you engage in it?
-looking at the beams

Question 6: Do you have any Lasers which you only retain possession of to be able to include the wavelength in your signature? If yes, which one(s)?
-ummm. I like all of them for looking at the beams. :)

-every day :p

Question 8: How often per day/week do you browse threads you are not yet subscribed to?
- see #7

Question 9: How many times per day/week do you load the B/S/T section of the forum?
-not much.

-as long as you can afford it, there's no problem in owning many. ;)

IsaacT

- 10 Handheld, 2 HeNe, 1 ML Argon

-three or four.

-Yes, my old ebay lasers.

-Argon or CNI 532nm 800mW.

-Photography, pointing(atleast once per day for pointing, once per week for photography)

-My 405nm only gets used in pictures to keep beam colors as accurate as possible.

-About 20 times per day.

-Once per day.

-Multiple times daily if I am in a want to buy mood.

-One or two in each wavelength

Last edited:

ARG

-53 (Edit: 54, forgot the HeNe hanging on my wall)

-No

-Wicked Lasers core

-Metrology, few times a week

-N/A Don't list my collection in my signature, it would be a long list.

-3-4 times daily

-3-4 times daily

-Once a week

-60+

Last edited:

IsaacT

Damn, ARG, you have one helluva lot of lasers! That is awesome! And I would have had no idea you were into metrology....although apart from my quick wikipedia read I don't know diddly squat about that subject. Do you have any pictures of your complete collection in one photo?

Question 1: 10 (check my sig :p)

Question 2: 10

Question 3: Nope :)

Question 4: My 473nm, I love that color

Question 5: Pointing

Question 6: Is it appropriate to ask me this, owning a 561nm? ;)

Question 7: I have no clue. Uhhhhhh..... I'll find out tomorrow. Maybe 10

Question 8: I'm not subscribed to any, so every time I suppose.

Question 9: Once every 2-3 days

Question 10: A high and low power of each wavelength

IsaacT

Haha that is weird. The high and low power of each was my original answer, but i just put a couple of each because it took less time to type.

ARG

Picture of some of them, about 20 in this photo I think, I've got a picture of another ~20 somewhere, and the rest are in use (bolted down or part of a project I'm working on). Also a few of the lasers in the picture are not mine, in for repair.
The flightcases house the projectors. :D Need to get some cases for all the handhelds, and find a spot to store my HeNe's.

9PYLz1N.jpg

dZeZWOJ.jpg

Last edited:

IsaacT

How did you wire that bare HeNe?!!! I need something like that! I have the brick style PSU but I can't find anything to use to make it so I can plug into the wall. the poor thing has been living off of AA batteries :(

11 Handhelds 3 HeNe 1 Ml Argon RGB Projector

Negative

JetLaser Ti B

Admiring the beam. The Ti b has a dust cap with a built in diffraction grating so I gets used as a "flashlight" a lot

Negative

Daily

Daily

1 or twice a week

Last edited:

ARG

Get an old cutting board to act as the base plate, drill holes in it and hold down the HeNe with zip ties.

Spade connectors work great for grabbing onto the anode/cathode, just make sure it's a tight fit so they don't fall off.
spade.jpg

The brick PSU is rated for 6VDC, so I went through my pile of old PSU's and found a ~6V power supply made for an old video camera. Ripped off the plastic case and bolted it onto the baseplate.
You could also grab something like this from fleabay for 6$, just add your own power connector.
DC6V 2A Output AC DC Industrial Power Supply Isolation Module Input AC90 240V | eBay

I've got a keyswitch that I've been saving for it. I just need to get the acrylic cover I designed laser cut out.

IsaacT

Okay, with regards to that power supply you linked, how would one go about attaching a power connector? I can acquire an AC power cable from office depot or something but idk about the connector. And where do I solder it? I am sorry everybody for derailing my own thread...maybe I should do this in PMs. I have been trying to find a solution for this for a long time though.

1. 2
2. 2
3. Yes
4. 405nm home made POS
5. Pointing
6. No. I like the lasers I have.
7. 5
8. 2-3 a day
9.Once a week
10. No limit ;)

I would like to conduct a survey regarding your lasers, and how frequently you use them.

Brilliant Post, Isaac! I've been thinking about the same thing for some time. Well done, indeed!

Own:7
None
The Bastard: 2.2W M-140 445nm/Copper H/S, 18650 Boost
Daily use to burn hair, natural and synthetic fibers.
Could be most? I own several wavelengths and want more.
Daily
Daily
Weekly
Don't you ever tell me how to live my life!

Thanks for this great thread!

Last edited:

A:Counting only decent lasers, 15-20... I really need to organize things. If I count cheapie green pens, probably ~40.

A:Lately, most of them.

A:Yes, most of them.

A:Ehgemus 2.2W 445.

A:Usually just setting up interesting reflections inside.

A:No.

A:Usually twice a day (office and home), but I remain online for hours at a time, each time.

A:Everyday.

A:Lately, once every couple of days, or even less often. I usually just browse through the New Posts to see if there are any thread titles that interest me.

A:However many you can afford.