Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For the Love of God, Stop going airborn.

Rob

I went outside the other night and was practicing turning off street lights with my new optotronics 150mW but there were many military planes flying around so I stopped as soon as I saw them in the area. I guess thats what I get for living so close to a military airport :(

Smart move. I still am in shock about the absolute stupidity of people who shine lasers at aircraft. I once googled info about such incidents and I couldn't believe what I read and the sheer insanity of these people. Makes me sick.

Ya, if only there were some way to like regulate who can acctually get there hands one a laser. To avoid these stupid people from getting lasers, shining them at planes, and messing up the hobby for the rest of us.

Ya, if only there were some way to like regulate who can acctually get there hands one a laser. To avoid these stupid people from getting lasers, shining them at planes, and messing up the hobby for the rest of us.
Yes, and we should require licenses to own forks, since a lot of people have used them to gouge out people's eyeballs. We should also outlaw rocks, since you can easily throw them at people or vehicles.
You can't stop people from being stupid. Banning or regulating objects stupid people use to do stupid things won't stop them from being stupid in other ways.

YESSSSSS --- More government regulation in our lives. I't's going to come sooner than later. Lets start NOW. You can't legislate against stupidity -- that's why there's so many of them.
That's why the "At Risk Falacy" is used by government. That's to say that if any member in a populace will abuse something, All the others will too. It must be controled by government for some price.
Welcome to the future.

HMike

Interesting thread.

I wonder what the world would be like if stupidity was painful.

Does anyone have any aspirin by the way??

:whistle:

Last edited: