Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For sale: wicked laseres E3 green laser

smoke

A buyer could send an empty box with a tracking number through an eBay purchase also . . . what more protection is provided based on it being a purchase using Paypal on eBay rather than just a regular, direct Paypal purchase? I've never heard of that.

iFoSh

With eBay protection and Paypal protection you are more likely to get the correct item or a refund if you recieve the wrong item. If it is an item sold only through Paypal, they don't know what the item was described as and will not back up what was talked about on some forum. If it was posted on eBay, there is proof of a description and agreement.

Why would you make an account to make this argument? There is no reason for you to be posting on this thread.

smoke

Why would you make an account to make this argument? There is no reason for you to be posting on this thread.
:crackup:I know, slam the newbie right? I assure you that I've got experience buying and selling in other forums. And, not that it's relevant, but I've registered here because I'm interested in lasers. I'm posting in this thread to try to add some useful info in furtherance of the sale, not to detract from it.

The way I see it, a sales thread shouldn't be trashed because the seller didn't want to accept some pointless "middleman" transaction. Who would? He'd be sending to someone he doesn't know, incurring the risk that he never gets paid and the buyer never gets the laser. And it's a $100 laser for god's sake, not the sale of a house that needs the protection of some sort of escrow.

Then everyone appears to think that the "solution" is for seller to post his item on eBay so that it is bought through eBay using Paypal, thereby entitling buyer to some sort of iron-clad protection. But all that does is add an 8% cost to the transaction, on top of the 3% Paypal fee, because eBay has to extract its pound of flesh too. Paypal has a "significantly not as described" procedure under the buyer protection policy for transactions not done through eBay. I fail to see how the procedures and ultimate results would be any different in a deal gone bad.

I don't know ImThatGuy, but if I were him I'd be pretty pissed about having my sales thread trashed because I refused to send my laser to some guy I don't know with the hope that the guy sends the laser properly and in a timely fashion to the ultimate buyer and with the hope that payment comes in. Just seems shady.:yh:

Ash

Hmm... It's about the same price as Wicked's site but doesn't have the 1-year warranty (because it's non-transferable).
No measured power output (a middleman is used to verify power with a LPM).
No beamshot.
The good thing is you wouldn't have to wait 6 months.
The bad thing is the seller is unknown and doesn't want to use a middleman.
:yabbem:

Toke

Not using a middleman is a bit risky for buyer with a new unknown member*.

It makes little to no difference for seller as the middleman will be a respected member of the forum.
Going through ebay sounds completely pointless.

*Who could be e.g. Adam returning under a new name.

iFoSh

I already bought this laser. Sorry it wasn't updated on here!