Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

For Sale FlexMod P3 drivers

Yay! :wave:

I've been looking for flexmods for a looong time. Maybe I'll get enough time to finish my build before SELEM. :D

daguin

My package arrived today. Everything was packaged well and is in perfect condition (as always)

Peace,
dave

My package came today too. They were in perfect condition.

I like the new look of the black soldermask on the boards. :D

2011-08-15_17-14-13_831.jpg

Thanks Jeff!

Last edited:
I received both of mine a few days ago, but upon testing them only one of them works. The other one has the red led on at all times (and burnt my Nichia A-140 during the first start :cryyy: ).

Is there anyway to get a replacement ? (for the driver not the diode, should have used a test load anyway...)

I received both of mine a few days ago, but upon testing them only one of them works. The other one has the red led on at all times (and burnt my Nichia A-140 during the first start :cryyy: ).

Is there anyway to get a replacement ? (for the driver not the diode, should have used a test load anyway...)

If you didn't set them with a testload, then that's user error. The flexmods can go up to 4A. If you didn't set current, then it most likely blew the diode enough that the driver thinks there isn't a diode attached. That's what the red led signifies. Sounds like both of your drivers are fine.

ALWAYS USE A TEST LOAD!!

If you didn't set them with a testload, then that's user error. The flexmods can go up to 4A. If you didn't set current, then it most likely blew the diode enough that the driver thinks there isn't a diode attached. That's what the red led signifies. Sounds like both of your drivers are fine.

ALWAYS USE A TEST LOAD!!

The second FlexMod works fine with another diode whereas the first one doesn't. (Solders verified with a multimeter and same alimentation used.)

I can not see where you have said you first set the current with a dummy load before hooking up your LD, did you do this step ?

The second FlexMod works fine with another diode whereas the first one doesn't. (Solders verified with a multimeter and same alimentation used.)

I can not see where you have said you first set the current with a dummy load before hooking up your LD, did you do this step ?

I can't set any current with a dummy load or a real diode, the led stays on at all time. (But I didn't have any problem setting the current with the second driver.)

I can't set any current with a dummy load or a real diode, the led stays on at all time. (But I didn't have any problem setting the current with the second driver.)

Wait, how could it have blown a 445nm diode if the LED is on all of the time ; even when a diode is attached? :confused:

Ok, let me clarify : I wired the first driver and turned it on with a 445 diode on it, the diode shined really bright (more than it used to at 700mA on another driver) for about 2 seconds before it shut off with the led on (the diode being dead now).

Now whatever I try the driver won't start and the led stays on.

Jeff ---
I received my drivers today -- Well packaged ........
Even the candy cane was in one piece!!!! :)
Thanks -- HMike

:wtf: candy cane?? :confused:

You run out of heatshrink to give as bonuses so you throw in christmas leftovers, Jeff?

:crackup:

I figured it was better than the sharp stick I had laying here, You could have poked your eye out with it had I included it :crackup:

Actually the candy was a impact sensor, if it made it there intact your package has absolutely no damage, now if the cane is broken :whistle:

BTW I have plenty of hs, I forgot, so just ask next time !

:wtf: candy cane?? :confused:

You run out of heatshrink to give as bonuses so you throw in christmas leftovers, Jeff?

:crackup:

Last edited: