Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Focalprice "200mW" Blu-ray star pointer - Mini-review

Grix

This is a very small review of this laser: 200mW Blue Beam Laser Pointer (Black) $58.85 - Free Shipping - A blu-ray diffraction grating pointer. $55 shipped

The laser came in a neat black gift box with two AAA batteries. The laser looks just like the other classic star pointers you find everywhere. It feels heavy in the hand. One thing I noticed is that the battery "room" is too wide, so the batteries are wobbling inside. The laser is case positive.

This laser is not 200mW, obviously. It's more like 30mW. It can't light matches, pop balloons, light flashpaper, it can't really burn anything. The only thing I managed to do, was popping a balloon using a magnifying glass.

The diffraction grating effect is pretty awesome on a white background that fluoresces in blue, but on other backgrounds, it's pretty dull because of the weak power and the blurry near-UV colour.

No pics, I have already forwarded this laser to another person, sorry.

So would you give it a negative point or a positive? I have to add this to the RT.

if the price is about 30mw.. could be ok.. because is difficult to find a bluray with star glasses... and i love this effect ..(i think everyone love this.. specially girls ahahha)
.. grix...how can you compare the brightness of this laser compared to a green? is it qeual to a 10.. mw green? can you see the beam in the night sky?

Grix

if the price is about 30mw.. could be ok.. because is difficult to find a bluray with star glasses... and i love this effect ..(i think everyone love this.. specially girls ahahha)
.. grix...how can you compare the brightness of this laser compared to a green? is it qeual to a 10.. mw green? can you see the beam in the night sky?

I forwarded this laser to a customer before the sky turned dark, so I don't know how it looks then, but it really was pretty weak, much weaker than a 5mW greenie (on a non-fluorescing surface)

YGG

Yeah my 250mw blu-ray is not as bright as 50mw True Green from DX and I am sure it's pretty dull compared to almost any amount of green so 30mw isn't going to do anyone any good.

Wow, advertised as a 200mW and only comes out to about 30mW!? Thats pretty terrible in my book.

Well we really do not know the output of the laser, the E-LPM (Eyeball-Laser Power Meter) is really not accurate enough to make any power claims.

Was this your first blu-ray laser?

Is the star pattern removable? If not that would explain the lack of burning ability. In order to draw any conclusions on this laser it really has to be LPM'd.

I am not saying the laser is more powerful than the 30mw you suggested, in fact it would not surprise me based on focals track record, but we really can't draw any conclusion about the power without some metering.

Grix

Well we really do not know the output of the laser, the E-LPM (Eyeball-Laser Power Meter) is really not accurate enough to make any power claims.

Was this your first blu-ray laser?

Is the star pattern removable? If not that would explain the lack of burning ability. In order to draw any conclusions on this laser it really has to be LPM'd.

I am not saying the laser is more powerful than the 30mw you suggested, in fact it would not surprise me based on focals track record, but we really can't draw any conclusion about the power without some metering.

It was not my first blu-ray, I've owned two others, both about 100mW.
The star pattern is removable, and I did remove it during the burning tests. I know I can't measure power without an LPM, but this sure burns worse than a ledshoppe 50.

Hi there, Would a new one like me be welcome here?
Thanks so much in deed.
Good post. I appreciate it
:drool::drool::drool: