Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Fluoroantimonic Acid - The Strongest Acid in the World

That took me back to my chemistry courses in college. Many courses and labs. Thanks for the memories.

Strong yes, but it is quite containable in teflon and other fluorinated plastics.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Another very cool video from Thoisoi2 showing the powerful superacids chloro and fluorosulfonic acid.

In college we often spilled concentrated sulfuric acid on our skin and as long as you get to the basin and rinse it off it won't burn you at all. I would be far more concerned with getting concentrated NaOH on my skin. Even oxidizers like 70% H2O2, or hydrogen peroxide, is more dangerous.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, with a lot of common acids, even in concentrated form, you seem to get a little bit of time to wash it off before any harm is done. As long as it's not a superacid or something with nasty toxic effects like hydrofluoric acid.

Later in this video, he intentionally pours some of the >95% Fuming Nitric Acid on his finger and no real harm is done.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I burp up acid pretty much every day from my stomach :p

Anthony P

In college we often spilled concentrated sulfuric acid on our skin and as long as you get to the basin and rinse it off it won't burn you at all. I would be far more concerned with getting concentrated NaOH on my skin. Even oxidizers like 70% H2O2, or hydrogen peroxide, is more dangerous.
To this day, I have a scar on my little toe from a small drop of NaOH that dripped on my shoe in the lab about 20 years ago.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Very informative video. I always liked chemistry

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
When dealing with really tough, set in, protein stains on your anime body pillow, fluorosulfonic acid can be a lifesaver! :ROFLMAO: