Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

FLIR One Thermal Imaging Hosts/Heatsinks

Nice. I've always wanted one of these, I could do so much with one, but I don't have four figures of money throw at FLIR for one.

I can't wait to get one of these. This is awesome! Thanks for posting these. Rep,for you!

If you don't mind some feedback. If you put the camera on a tripod to make the shot more steady it would really up the quality of the video. I was impressed that the Flir even caught the radiant heat on the tripod leg! That is one bad ass gadget. Def on my soon to acquire list.
I'm working on a couple special builds that if I don't have my own Flir by the time they are complete I'd like to ship them to you for thermal imaging information. This thing opens up a lot of possibilities and will make your reviews outstanding.

Hey that is really "cool" :gj:

Nice to see that Evo :D

Thanks, LC! The Evo is running great, thanks for the great buy! :D

I can't wait to get one of these. This is awesome! Thanks for posting these. Rep,for you!

If you don't mind some feedback. If you put the camera on a tripod to make the shot more steady it would really up the quality of the video. I was impressed that the Flir even caught the radiant heat on the tripod leg! That is one bad ass gadget. Def on my soon to acquire list.
I'm working on a couple special builds that if I don't have my own Flir by the time they are complete I'd like to ship them to you for thermal imaging information. This thing opens up a lot of possibilities and will make your reviews outstanding.

Thanks Olympus! I'll always gladly take feedback! & I have a tripod on its way! :D And I would love to do that for you, Olympus! Yes, I can't wait to do my review on the Arcane 2.0 when I finally get it! :D

Reactions: GSS
Wow just to cool!:)

Thanks, GSS! I appreciate it!

WOW, pretty good. Beautiful

Thanks, Evans! It is so fun as well!

I am Going to be adding some more tonight, or tomorrow as well! :) I have an Arcane 2.0 7W and a Kryton Groove w/ Oclaro 700 mW coming pretty soon that I will add as well! :D

Any feedback and suggestions are all very welcomed!

Nate

When I get back from vacation I will take a thermal video of the s4x with a 7 watt diode that I'm building right now. :) it also has the copper tapered heatsink that you have the only difference is the diode. I'll be home next week. :)

I have a bunch of videos I will upload as well for everyone when I get back! Get this thread kicking again! :D

Just found this post Very nice, can't wait to test my Laser host with my Hunting thermal, been using them for shooting for the last 3 years. They make finding targets very easy way better than using gen3 kit for spotting.

I just posted a couple more for LPF's 10th Anniversary, I am making another as we speak! :)

EDIT: The newest one is up. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Me too... Just saw this thread...
That's the way to check thermal radiation
and hot spots in a hand held Laser.

BTW Congrats on your 40K.... ;)

Jerry

Last edited:
This thread is just too cool. Also missed this thread. Think this should be made a sticky. Those videos are something I've always been curious about. Tried it once with a ir thermometer but didn't have much success. Great videos thanks for posting them. :gj:

Ugh I forgot about this beauty! I will post some more soon I promise, just got to make sure my FLIR works with my S8! :) Thanks for the kind words everyone!

BobM, this was the thread and setup I was referring to when I questioned Sanwu's claim of unlimted duty cycle on a few of there units.
So would this equipment and setup be just about the best and cheapest to test just how hot everything from diode to drivers get?

Last edited:

Back