Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Flame thrower

This has got to be the dumbest idea since the solar powered flashlight. Seriously, stay away from flame throwers.

At least a solar powered flashlight won't kill you, well unless your tower climbing at night with it.

I read on some website a while ago that those "compressed air" dusters used a mixture of chemically inert gases. I got the impression it meant noble gases. Could be wrong though.

The ones I've seen contain butane and other harmful gases. I know someone who died huffing those. He got high, jumped on his quad and ran it into a bolder. He flew 15 feet and landed on his head.

I knew another huffer too. He ran out of things to huff, so he cut into his air conditioner, and huffed the freon. It settled to the bottom of his lungs and he suffocated.

I caught a guy huffing once, I smacked the bag bursting it and started in on the riot act with him.

Bad news......

Definitely the biggest loser drug out there. Might as well eat a bullet and save time. Or get a horse to kick you in the head. It all turns out the same way.

mfo

wow bud, your reps a climbing up.....

Yours too, as well as your posts :( You'll have outdone me by like Wednesday the latest. I think you'll out due Dave by the end of the year at this rate.

Huffing, about as good of an idea as plastic flamethrowers filled with fuel and air.... I'm not sure which is more likely to kill you. I also knew someone who tried huffing butane then scotch-guard. He didn't die, however he ended up in a coma for a few weeks. They even aired the story on Rescue 911 back in 1992 around christmas I think it was. He ended up with some serious brain damage. not in the stupid sort of way, but the insane sort of way. Last I had heard of him he had raped his own sister, and was incarcerated. I'm not entirely certain if that was in a jail or mental institution. He went to high school with me, and before he went off the deep end we were sort of friends.

I went to school with a guy who got hold of a doobie laced with angel dust (it was the 80's) and he went from all star ball player with an A+ average to babbling retard overnight.

the things people do to themselves to get off astound me.

About the flame thrower idea... The reason why the flame doesn't follow the flammable liquid back into the main tank is that there is not enough oxygen inside the tube leading to the nozzle to keep the liquid lit. You can test this by simply taking one of those small straws that come with WD-40 cans and attempt to light the WD-40 that is inside the straw to see if the flame come out the other end. It doesn't and never will because the tube is simply to small. Same principal with a water gun. Also, in order for the main tank to explode (if the flame were to somehow reach it) the fuel/air mixture has to be correct. This was shown on an episode of Mythbusters when they busted the myth of a car exploding by someone igniting a trail of gas coming out of the tank. Even when their test tank was engulfed in fire it did not explode. I wanted to experiment with a super-soaker flame thrower but I couldn't find any super-soakers at the time. It's like all the good ones have been taken off the market or something.