Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

First Projector-Thoughts?

Well, I have all the parts now, but i'm running into some DAC/Software problems. (Spaghetti and AudioLase)

First off, I tuned my AudioLase with a 1ft cable, later I plugged it in with a 4ft cable and it wasn't tuned right. (was showing -0.5V when nothing was playing) Plugged it back in with the 1ft cable, and it was fine. Do I have to re-tune it every time I want to use a different length of cable? :scowl:

Edit: Solved. Don't plug your DAC into a USB hub.

Lastly, when I play a file that has only Green, only the X/Y galvo pins have voltage coming out of them.

Last edited:
What kind of cable is it? Changing cable length will have an effect, due to resistance. However there is a chance maybe the cables inductance was playing tricks while you were tuning.

What kind of cable is it? Changing cable length will have an effect, due to resistance. However there is a chance maybe the cables inductance was playing tricks while you were tuning.

it's a USB type B cable, if that's what you mean. The 1ft cable came with and external hard drive, same thing happens when I plug it through a USB extension cable.

Are you using the same USB port for both cables, I had issues in the past when I switched ports.

Back