Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Laser

Hello, I am considering to buy myself my first laster! I want to buy one with enough power to burn. I want a blue laser with maybe 1w or more power that can pop ballons instantly! Please link me some good website where I can purchase this laser :yh:

ARG

I want to buy one with enough power to burn.

You don't need a lot of power to get a laser to burn. As long as you can pour lighter fluid on it and light a match it'll burn just fine.

Hope this helps :beer:

Check out LivinLoud's "Guide to Owning Lasers" in the General section. His guide includes a list of trusted companies/members on this forum, along with other helpful information.

One thing I must stress...
Please consider purchasing proper safety goggles before a 1W 445nm laser. Your eye dosen't stand a chance agaisnt 1W of power, and very severe eye damage/blindness is very likely if a direct hit occurs.

Below are some great goggles which will protect you agaisnt 1W of 445nm:
http://www.survivallaserusa.com/Eag...rd_Laser_Safety_Goggles/p1667092_7862033.aspx

Last edited:
even with my long absences from this society, it ceases to amaze the amount of people who want a powerful burning death ray type deal and dont know the dangers directly associated with them. you know you could get a nasty burn, blind yourself, and others, all in one convenient laser. please use safety gear for whatever you get.

even with my long absences from this society, it ceases to amaze the amount of people who want a powerful burning death ray type deal and dont know the dangers directly associated with them. you know you could get a nasty burn, blind yourself, and others, all in one convenient laser. please use safety gear for whatever you get.

Do you think I am that stupid? So where is a good place to buy one of these bad boys?

Gazoo

Do you think I am that stupid? So where is a good place to buy one of these bad boys?

No one was implying you are stupid, The advice given to you is rock solid good advice and is given out frequently. Especially considering no one knows if you know the dangers. Why couldn't you reply back with something like I understand the dangers. Thanks for the advice.

I always commend forum members for pointing out the need for safety goggles and so on. Too many have damaged their eye(s). I recall one forum member who knew all about safety permanently damaged one of his eyes and it was like a freak accident. So please understand why everyone here is all about safety first. Thanks.

Ekaj

You sound really smart.

Yes my post denotes you as stupid regardless of the fact I never once said a thing about it. Lasers are to be held to the highest mark of respect regardless of who you are. They are not toys and safety is not something to be taken lightly.

You sound really smart.
Thanks!

Last edited: