Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

First Laser

Matrix

a 30mw laser is useless besides the beam in my opinion. you could probably pick up a 150mw green laser diode for under 60 bucks. powering it is easy just get a 2x double a battery pack a button and wire it up if your in a good mood why not get a project box and put all the parts in it?

-Matrix

Matrix

Killermidget:
that looks like some kinda crappy laser diode find a better one xD

Things:
You dont need a heatsink you can still use a duty cycle.

I think that you should buy a few of what you want, like those $4-5 laser pens, lets say 10, atleast you should get lucky once, and the ones seized, you will just get your money back. I am in canada have bought over 50 laser pointers, high and low power, many green labeled 1000mW from china all of them with batteries. Only once they were seized at canadian customs and sent back (I got my money back). All other cases I received them. I called canadian customs and told them, I got most but once they were seized. I was told that all of them are illegal but almost all of the officers let them in. Secondly since I admitted I have high power green and blue lasers, (1.4W) I was not asked to surrender them or anything just as a duty I was told to be safe. I dont know too much about australian customs, but I am pretty sure that they will be more after guns and drugs than these little lasers. Another option I tried to avoid risk of them getting seized was without power label but it made no difference I got everything.

yeh i can't actually buy them today i am just looking into and i have just been informed that they are sold at a local market so i am going to check that out and if am to buy a diode id need a power switch and a host if i wanted one right?

IsaacT

Customs issues aren't going to hit the seller, they will hit the buyer. So don't just buy a bunch willy-nilly. Your best bet it to do what Things said and build your own. Since you are doing a gun mount you could buy a certified under 1mW gun mount laser so that you know it will make it through customs and then remove the 1mW module and replace it. The reason being that gun mount lasers are going to be sturdier so your module probably won't get messed up from the vibrations.

Also, unless it is a really good gun mount I probably wouldn't suggest a 532nm laser because the crystal alignments can get messed up from the vibrations.

Last edited:
well i won't actually be needing the gun mount till June/July and as the others said Australian customs test the lasers and most are overspec so that is why I was going to buy a small one local then think about going bigger for the gun mount later on

Matrix

thats a good laser module you could buy that. dont worry about the heat sink its only 100mw just leave it on 1 minute 10 seconds off. its a pretty simple cycle

I think that you should buy a few of what you want, like those $4-5 laser pens, lets say 10, atleast you should get lucky once, and the ones seized, you will just get your money back. I am in canada have bought over 50 laser pointers, high and low power, many green labeled 1000mW from china all of them with batteries. Only once they were seized at canadian customs and sent back (I got my money back). All other cases I received them. I called canadian customs and told them, I got most but once they were seized. I was told that all of them are illegal but almost all of the officers let them in. Secondly since I admitted I have high power green and blue lasers, (1.4W) I was not asked to surrender them or anything just as a duty I was told to be safe. I dont know too much about australian customs, but I am pretty sure that they will be more after guns and drugs than these little lasers. Another option I tried to avoid risk of them getting seized was without power label but it made no difference I got everything.

Aus customs will more then likely confiscate the items in question and not send them back. I have heard many times that workers take the items and sell them on sites like eBay, yea they actually do that.

And buying 10 and hoping to get one is stupid, like I said above you can get the eBay.com.au, try this one for $20 3 COLORS = GREEN + PURPLE/VOILET + RED Laser Pointer LIGHT Pen Beam High Power | eBay all would be over or around 30mW or you can buy it now @ $22 3 COLORS = GREEN + PURPLE/VIOLET + RED Laser Pointer LIGHT Pen Beam High Power | eBay

Billy