Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

first laser

tomius

What do you think, was MXDL by Jayrob(238.8 mW peak) a good choice for first laser or i should have bought a greenie?

And what are the basic things which with I can get a basic experience about high-powered lasers?

P.S: High powered red lasers(starting from 50 to 350 mW) are very good for acne curing. But don't make the dot too small, just about 1-3 mm diameter, and max 10-15 sec over a spot. A little pain is acceptable(even at 200 mW+), if it pains too much you will pull your head away from the laser automatically before you damage your skin. But if you don't feel pain it does not mean that it doesn't  work.

P.S2: The dermatologist who uses laser to cure spots couldn't believe that her 350 mW red laser can ignite a match :D

Its good as for myself i went with Green x-75 as a first ''real'' laser. Then now i am waiting on my Dilda (RED)..then i probably go for blue-ray by October ..

daguin

tomius said:
What do you think, was MXDL by Jayrob(238.8 mW peak) a good choice for first laser or i should have bought a greenie?

It depends on what you want to use it for. However, you can never go wrong with one of Jayrob's build.

Peace,
dave

The jayrob build was not a bad choice for a first laser, most people usually buy a green laser as their first laser but the Jayrob laser is a good laser to start with too. If you don't have a green laser and just want a cheap one check out the reviews section for reviews on cheap green lasers.

WHAT!?!?! You can cure acne with a laser?!?!?! ZOMG!!!

Can you cure acne with a blu-ray? How do you do it?

deebix

im still thinking about buying one myself. from what i have read, everyone loves them.

tomius

Spyderz20x6 said:
WHAT!?!?! You can cure acne with a laser?!?!?! ZOMG!!!

Can you cure acne with a blu-ray? How do you do it?

Sorry for the late answer i was away for a weak. I was at 3700m inside a cloud but unfortunatelly i couldn't use my laser in that awesome "fog"

Im not sure that you can cure acne with blu-ray.... lasers do produce leucocyte(and red laser also kill p.acnes bacteria) but the wavelenght defines where it is produced. For example IR lasers can cure muscle pain but red lasers can only cure skin and green laser can make changes only at the upper part of the skin (but the acnes are behind this part of the skin). So im not sure blu-ray can cure acne

Using laser to cure acne is quite simple: you point at the spot from 5-10 cm distance for about 10 seconds then go forward for the next spot. even 2 times cureing a weak visibly cures acne(also can cure: herpes,wound,scar)

P.S: i bought an ulrtafire charger but i don't know how to charge CR123A's with it

tomius

In the morning my laser was working perfectly then i put it down. now(after about 5 hour rest) i tried to use it but it became incredibly underpowered... an 5 mw red over shines it(mxdl has fresly charged cr123a's in it)!!!!! I don't know what happened to it but i hope you can help.

daguin

tomius said:
In the morning my laser was working perfectly then i put it down. now(after about 5 hour rest) i tried to use it but it became incredibly underpowered... an 5 mw red over shines it(mxdl has fresly charged cr123a's in it)!!!!! I don't know what happened to it but i hope you can help.

If the battery is charged and the connections are good, you may have blown the diode. Diodes which have been weakened by overheating, impact, etc. often fail at the next power-up. Sounds like you may be in line for a diode replacement. :(

Peace,
dave

Contact Jayrob, he is a great guy, and I am sure will help you out [smiley=thumbsup.gif]