Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[FINISHED] Laser66 Laser Pen w/LED Indicator

Laser66 Pen w/LED Indicator

Description
Welcome To My Laser Build. I Will Try My Best To Sum Everything Up. So, I Got This Laser Housing Not Long Ago From Laser66 And Was Amazed By How Shiny This Pen Was. I Was Actually The First Person To Receive One Of These After 2-3Years It Has Gone Lost In This Forum. I Decided I Would Start With A Normal, Cheap, A140 Diode And Set The Driver To 1.5A. So here it is. I Been Through A Couple Failures And Alien Laser Helped Me Through, And Also Added A Red LED Indicator.

Progress
Laser Housing Arrived 12/4/15
Laser Diode w/X-Drive Arrived 12/31/15

First Attempt: Failed ; The Switch PCB was Burned By Solder. 12/31/25
10440 Batteries Arrived 1/2/16
Diode Test Success. 1/2/16
Re-Ordered Spare Parts Arrived 1/4/16
Second Attempt: Failed ; Here Goes The Switch PCB Again.. 1/5/16​
All Parts Sent To Alien Laser For Build. 1/8/16
Alien Laser Build Finished & Sent Back. 1/11/16
Alien Laser Package Received ; Found A Switch Problem; Switch Was Stuck. 1/15/16
Laser Sent Back To Alien Laser. 1/16/16
Alien Laser Received Laser And Began Rebuild; Alien Laser Gave Me New Host And Parts 1/19/16
Alien Laser Rebuild Finished & Sent Back 1/19/16
Alien Laser Rebuild Received, Tested, Working. 1/21/16

Specifications
5.6mm 1.8W M140 Diode
X-Drive Buck Driver Set To 1.5A
Laser66 Chrome Pen Housing
Arctic Thermal Compound & Adhesive
2x 10440 Batteries (8V)
Three-Element Glass Lens
Positive(+) Of Battery Go In First.

First Build Attempt
These Pics Were When I Attempted To Build The Laser Which Ends Up Killing The Switch.

Laser Diode & Driver Macro Shots

Second Build Attempt​
This Was The Second Time I Tried Building This Laser By Myself. I Got Epoxy, Superglue(Which Is No Good), And Plumbing Flux(All I Can Find). It All Went Successful When The Switch Got Stuck By Superglue And I Had No Choice But To Send It To Alien Laser.

Shipping
Heres How Alien Laser Shipped My Package. Both Times He Used Priority 2-Day Mail Which Got Here Amazingly Fast. Can't Get Enough Of That Alien Face On The Package, It Is Packed Tightly And He Also Included A Few Candies.:D

Finished Product
Here We Have The Laser Body, It's Unbelievable How Shiny It Is When Looking At It In Person. I Can Say This Is Mirror Polish 10x Than The Other "Chrome" Hosts I Have Seen.

Beamshots
If Your That Person Who Likes Lasers, Then You Must Like BEAMSHOTS. Well Your In Luck, I Got Plenty I'm Going To Add Soon. Including Some Videos Of It In Action(Worth A Hundred Pictures)​
Beam Distance/ Information
#1: 10 Meters (Afternoon)
#2: 15 Meters (Afternoon)
#3: 1km/900-1000 Meters (Afternoon)
#4: Unlimited- Sky(Afternoon)
#5: 10 Meters (Night)
#6: 15 Meters (Night)
#7: 1km/900-1000 Meters (Night)
#8: Unlimited- Sky(Night)
#9: Unlimited-Touching Clouds(Afternoon)
#10:Unlimited-Touching Clouds(Night)
#11: 5 Meters (Afternoon)
#12: 15 Meters (Afternoon)
#13: 100 Meters (Afternoon)
#14: 5 Meters (Night)
#15: 50 Meters (Night)
#16: 100 Meters (Night)

Additional Information​
Photos Taken With IPhone 5S Plus
NO Fog Were Added For True Beam Effects
The Laser Runs 40 Seconds Without Hot (Outside)
The Laser Runs 30 Seconds Without Hot (Inside)
The Laser Burns and Cuts Pencils at 5 Meter Range
The Laser Has a 1 Hour Runtime Before Recharge
Batteries Used Were Efest 3.7V 10440
No Planes/People Harmed In Taking Beamshots
The Laser's Aperature(Top) Cap Can Be Taken Off For Lens Switching
Maximum Beam Distance 3~4Miles (Visible DOT)
Visible Beam Distance 8~10Miles(Beam)

Last edited:

Re: [Alien Laser Rebuild] Laser66 Laser Pen w/LED Indicator

Finally lolz....My advice: keep teh lazor away from supa glue.

Very cool build :pop:

AniWon

Did you buy your switch PCB with your host from Laser66?

AniWon

Yes. It has a option to add a switch pcb to your order. Or you can buy it directly.

Hmm, doesn't seem to work for me..but thanks! Awesome build btw!

Thread Finally Finished! Took long enough... Sorry.
Well it's here so enjoy it, I will add videos and more information when it is uploaded to YouTube. Report to me (PM) if there's any errors viewing the pictures.

Thanks,

nice build!! now it's my turn to show off my NDG7475 build in an Ehgemus pen i got fom you.

An NDG7475 sounds like a little bit too much for that little host. Would like to see how it turned out. Also, put some roll of paper to prevent battery rattle :).

Thanks,

Hi Jersa,
Nice going really sweet pen Pal, Sure is a large diode for it but i'm sure you will keep the duty down to keep it alive. Oh FU Beaches i use locktite super glue for all my pens instead of gobs of epoxy. I butt the driver up against the PCU board and let it dry for hours.When it's dry the bond makes it one piece and rigid so no play or stress on the joint. As for the driver to the diode, i make sure the driver is against the back of the CU module tight when i sweat the pins to the driver also no flex or stress and no gobs of epoxy, a nice clean build.
Anyway Jersa congratulations on the build and with an LED to boot super awesome pen my friend.. Keep up the good work..

Rich:)

Pman

Nice complete build. Not sure why you think you were the first person to receive that host though after a couple years as that isn't correct;) Crazyspaz and I got some before that. In fact, I have 1 black single hole, 2 silver 2 hole and 2 gold 2 hole still awaiting builds with all the parts. Not selling them:). Also, Jayrob was still selling these at least less than 2 years ago.
Here's the link to my recent build of a 2W+ LTB450B with indicator:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/pltb-450b-laser66-build-led-indicator-96212.html

Here's lifetimes build too:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f40/laser-66-pltb450b-pen-95767.html
http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/mistu-500-638nm-gold-pen-95983.html

Love how you hung in there and refused to fail. +REP

To my knowledge laser 66 still has a lot of the 2 hole ones left. No idea if he still has all the switches to go with them but if I remember correctly he sold those seperately. Haven't looked at his site. I need a couple more small LED'S as I only have 2 left like I used in my last build. Crazyspaz gave them to me but he has dropped out of the laser hobby. He did build a few of these with the LED indicators and recently sold them at bargain prices.

Last edited:
if I made a mistake saying that. It happen to quiet down for a while since Jayrob stopped selling these. And yes I found the sale thread few weeks ago, I like the Aperature cap when it's installed it gives it a more simple look and don't have to refocus.

Thanks for the replies
Pman and lifetime17

EDIT: I think I did finish the build last. Lol
Had the host sitting around for over 2 weeks until I finally decided to buy the diode.

Last edited:
Hi,
Your quite welcome Pal you didn't give up and stuck it out nice build +rep to you if they let me

Rich:)

Last edited:
hahaha nice alien on the package,( Pman ) this is what leds i use its a 1.4mm very tiny
i have all colors available :whistle:

Attachments

• IMG_7065.JPG
    IMG_7065.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 122
Last edited: