Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Finally!!! Argon sweetness!!!

Escher

ITS HERE ITS HERE!!!!

PICS!!!

I need practice taking pics - but this was just a fast setup while I was testing.. Idle at 5mW and running at 20 and 50mW.

argon-1.jpg

argon-2.jpg

argon-3.jpg

argon-4.jpg

Very sweet! Got to love that color!
I can't wait for mine to come...should be here in a week or so!
Thanks for putting these pics up....I love the gas lasers!(might be able to tell)
Is this a multi-line unit? In the last photo looks almost like two different wavelengths.

The 514nm would explain the almost green hue with the point on the left in the last photo.

daguin

See those lines on the wall? Those are the color lines (all six of them). He needs a nice diffraction mirror ;)

This is the same model and health level laser as his using a good diffraction mirror
new20.jpg

Have fun with it. Run it at least 30 minutes a month and let the fan blow for a few minutes after you turn the laser off to allow the tube to cool.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

Escher

Thanks guys - and a big thanks to Dave!

I have a decent prism on the way so I can split the beam cleanly. Now I just have to make a mount for the laser head. I also managed to snag a munch more kinematic mounts for a great price... Plan on tons more pics in the weeks to come.

Wow. That thing looks brand new... Did you get that from Dave? :)

Escher

Wow. That thing looks brand new... Did you get that from Dave? :)

Yup - even sent it in an official JDS Uniphase box - I think they could have thrown it off a cliff without issues it was so well packed!!

vk2fro

Great stuff Escher - glad you finally got one third time lucky :)