Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Filling Out My Rainbow with a Purchase

DJNY

Last big DL purchases documented on LPF (1x 589nm, 1x 473nm, 1x high powered 532nm) - 1x good / 2x bad

Their customer support is totally crap these days.

For your CNI question, ask if they´re able to produce an overspec one. Tell them that DL has a 589nm with 50mW and why CNI is more expensive (as a manufacturer). Always be polite and keep short and simple. Otherwise Ava won´t reply any longer.

Alright, you guys have convinced me not to buy from DL. I will talk to Ava about that. DJNY, did you get a quote from Ava, too? And what do you all think about purchasing from a member here?

DJNY

Haven´t asked yet. I´m currently working out a 488nm handheld from CNI ;)

For such a big purchase I would make sure to just buy from very reputable members..

Ooo. I was thinking of trying to convince CNI to make me a 500nm handheld, but I figured that would be too expensive.

Anyway, yeah, I figure I would only buy from vets.

Back on topic... what do you all think about getting a CNI overspec as opposed to a probably onspec laser from like DL or wherever? I just am worried about the consistency of overspecness from CNI. Like, if I got a 5mW, could I guarantee 30+mW?

EDIT: Or do you guys think I should try to buy from another (trustworthy) member?

Personally I'd either order directly from CNI or or somewhere that's well respected such as Laserglow.

Haven´t asked yet. I´m currently working out a 488nm handheld from CNI ;)

:drool:

For such a big purchase I would make sure to just buy from very reputable members..

++

For a major purchase like that I'd be very sure the person is reputable and reliable and I'd be using a credit card to fund the paypal payment just to be safe in case things go sour.

I always use a credit card to fund the payment. Anyway, I would use a middleman :D But I will take a look at LG....