Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

*Feeler* PGL-III-C bare hosts

Hey guys... Just heard back from CNI... The twist aperture can be arranged for the same price. I have also asked about the 18650 battery and awaiting reply. Looks like we got some interest... looking good guys!

I might be interested, but only if was a twist aperture (looks like no problems there) and takes an 18650 battery. Tell us what they say about the 18650 battery :)

how does this attach to the driver? is this a set up where there is a pill/mounting area for a driver or is this the kind where you solder the laser driver directly to the pin and attach a spring? if it's the first type then im interested. also, do aixiz size lens work for this?

Just read, it takes a ~12mm module. That can include a diode, driver, and a lens.

I'd be interested in one with the *gasp* slide-style aperture.

I'm waiting on more details, though. It'd be nice for a 445 or 405 build.

Just got the update email from CNI...

Hello Adrian,

The host I have told you is for
18650 battery version.

please confirm the quantity and
shipping address then we will
prepare the proforma invoice for
you.

I am looking forward to hear from
you.

Best Regards.

Adrian, That's great news to hear! I know a lot of people love their 18650s. But you know, there's one thing I didn't think about till now, and that was the aperture diameter. These hosts normally go with DPSS lasers right? That would allow the aperture to be tiny, but does that mean that the .5cm dot from a LOC or PHR can make it through that aperture? I hope that opening isn't too small.. can anyone confirm the diameter of the aperture?

Adrian, That's great news to hear! I know a lot of people love their 18650s. But you know, there's one thing I didn't think about till now, and that was the aperture diameter. These hosts normally go with DPSS lasers right? That would allow the aperture to be tiny, but does that mean that the .5cm dot from a LOC or PHR can make it through that aperture? I hope that opening isn't too small.. can anyone confirm the diameter of the aperture?

Maybe see if you can get the ones made for the 655nm reds. I think those are diode-lasers.

Originally Posted by Meatball

The laser hosts the new 445nm diode that we have been using.... taking in account the bad divergance of the laser... I'm sure this host will suffice for any other purpose.

I'm out of town at the moment, sorry for the slow updates... I'll be back tomorrow and ill try get this sorted out some time next week.

Trevor

Pending more info about dimensions, I'm quite interested.

-Trevor

The laser hosts the new 445nm diode that we have been using.... taking in account the bad divergance of the laser... I'm sure this host will suffice for any other purpose.

I'm out of town at the moment, sorry for the slow updates... I'll be back tomorrow and ill try get this sorted out some time next week.

Cool, thanks Adrian! This host keeps sounding better and better!

***UPDATE***

Shipping quote just came in... Shipping to Australia is MUCH cheaper then to America...

@ 15 units shipping will only be $6.50 extra per unit. @ 20 units its only $5

So all up you are looking at ~$46.50 + shipping for 15 units.

Shipping to USA is estimated at ~$17 that includes, packaging and shipping