Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler for Group Buy - 6X Cylindrical Lens set - Medium size

Thanx RC....I will start a new thread....just to keep things organized regarding a CLens GB #2. I remain unsure if we can again reach a " Critical Mass " ...minimum order quantity of fifty (50) sets...Who knows ?????? IF a second GB happens....I would of course...be just as organized and...er...demanding !!

After working with this size....I prefer the Larger Geometry....for two (2) reasons;

1) Larger size is easier to handle/position.
2) Larger size = Larger size " Sweet Spot ".....meaning the lateral translation is ever so slightly more forgiving...IMNSHO

Anyway.....Thanx to all who participated in this GB....and Thanx to TH Optics....they shipped on the exact date they promised.....I think that is outstanding !!

CDBEAM

Thanks, Bob. Did you mail them out today? I would like to get tracking on mine if you don't mind. ;)

What do you think about a 7X pair for use with the 44 ?
I don't know about this seller, his feedback looks a bit sketchy, but I do wonder about a 7X pair, whatcha think ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cylindrica...h=item33faa6a00d:g:-IAAAOSw~odb-Hr3:rk:1:pf:0

Curious what the actual Fl's are of the lenses he sells? 7X is attainable with the GB lenses, dependent on how far the first lens is from the diode and the divergence out of the collimator. My guess is the actual ratio with the GB lenses on a 44 4cm away from the diode would be more than 6X. maybe 9 or 10 depending on the collimator lens used.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Got my 6X lenses yesterday, thanks for running a super GB, Bob! :)(y)

That was fast. Turns out mine won't be delivered until Monday. They got to Seattle this morning.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Yeah, probably because I live just up the road a bit from Bob.

Yeah, that helps. I'm pretty disappointed the USPS. They have been going downhill every year for the past decade or longer. At least I am very well known at my post office, so they misdeliver packages less often than they used to. Usually when they have a new carrier on my route that doesn't know me.

Sorry. Mine aren't scheduled to show up until Monday. I could do that after that, but you can likely get someone else to post a photo of them before then.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi, trinh, here are a few pics of mine, sorry for the poor quality photos.
They measure approximatly 18mm x 23mm x 5mm, and seem to be of very good quality!

WIFrV9i.jpg

1WB4T01.jpg

9Pr6dSU.jpg

Very nice, those will be easier to manipulate, I will test mine when they arrive and see how the spot looks compared to the LSP pairs, with the smaller LSP 6X pairs at 15 feet my 44's bar through a G2 is about 1 7/8 inches ( 45mm ) wide, after correction it's about 5/16 ( 8mm ) wide at 15 feet.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos, Jeff. I didn't realize the plano-concave lens was just carved out of the middle of a piece of glass. That makes me think there won't be much room for error with its placement. Mine should arrive tomorrow.