Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Feeler for 3D enclousers for HYperion LPMs

ONLY if Astrailist is fine with me doing this will I move fwd.
I have 3 willing to make these..
price and timeline depends upon number wanted.

..ALSO if some were promised one I need to know status on that--
in case Pradipta does not have the time.. I know he has all else--printer --material etc.

post here
or
PM me:thanks::thanks::thanks:
or post in the thread --my post is on last page.

Last edited:

Re: Feeler for 3D enclousers for HYperion LMPs

I have one of these boards. Would be interested in getting an enclosure for it. :thanks:

Benm

Could be interesting, but would they also house the sensor making it into one compact and portable unit?

I couldn't use a case that also housed the sensor as I have more than one sensor for this board and need to calibrate depending on which I am using. The Radiant has the board separate from the sensor. Something like that would work for me.

Reactions: GSS

i'll be interested on this depends the price though.im not using much my hyperion lately cause the readings seems to be higher than it should be,i guess it needs recalibration

First.... What the he!! is an LMP.....:undecided: :p

Astralist just released the .STL files
so that any of his customers with a
3D printer or has access to a 3D
printer can print out their own case.

I think the shipping costs would kill
this case sale even if the case was
$5.... IMO.

Then you would need to know how
many of Astralist's LPM were sold
and how many of them would buy
a case to make this venture viable.

Either way good luck with the case
offer/sale.

Jerry

Encap

First.... What the he!! is an LMP.....:undecided: :p

Astralist just released the .STL files
so that any of his customers with a
3D printer or has access to a 3D
printer can print out their own case.

I think the shipping costs would kill
this case sale even if the case was
$5.... IMO.

Then you would need to know how
many of Astralist's LPM were sold
and how many of them would buy
a case to make this venture viable.

Either way good luck with the case
offer/sale.

Jerry

ditto what he said above ^^^^

I don't have one yet, but will be buying one later, so I'm interested too.

Benm

I couldn't use a case that also housed the sensor as I have more than one sensor for this board and need to calibrate depending on which I am using. The Radiant has the board separate from the sensor. Something like that would work for me.

If you have multiple sensors it would perhaps not be that practical to have them in the same case, though i can imagine a case design where you could swap the sensors with minimal effort (sort of a case with hinges that allow you to open it).

Regardless it could also be nice to have a case that fits both the hyperion board and perhaps a battery and a converter to 5 volts to make it really handy. It runs off a small USB power bank just fine, but the leads get a bit messy.

It already has a 9 volt battery connection to use if you aren't using it with the data logging feature. I have two sensors. The 6 amp watt and the 20 watt one. They have different calibration codes, depending on which you use.

I already made mine into a bench LPM-- & want to leave it as-is- so just to try one out I need another or will send to a friend to try out.
I do kinda wonder if pretty much everyone can get one someplace for ~$5....why are they not saying that or/and printing their own. Small flat rate box is still >$7-- Anyone remember the cost of other LPMs enclosures? hak

Ricker

I'd love to buy one for mine, he said I'd get one eventually, but I don't mind paying one bit! Good luck, and THANK YOU ASTRALIST for being one of the few inventing and producing for this hobby!! Thanks HAK for the feeler.

Len, I got an enclosure for my Radiant LPM for an additional $10.00 at the time of purchase. I would like to have a case for the Hyperion, but it needs to be just for the board as mine uses two separate sensors. As you probably already know these can be run off a 9 volt battery if not using the data logging feature. :thanks:

great to hear from you guys.
i agree the $10 is very acceptable.
The one I have is already is now enclosed (for my bench) and I am happy how it turned out..like the ones we have coming it has 'openings' for everything..

My 3D guy is also in Texas. made one that needed 'tweeking' (thicker in some places), then made an imporved one.. he is only waiting on an address to send it (to Paul) .

and after that we can get him to make ~10+ more..sent to me. I will be selling a few LPMs very soon (only 5pcs--the max I can get until Pradipta finds the missing parts to make another LPM run..anyone reading this who really wants one needs to call dibs...my price for 20W version w/ enclosure will be a fair one. (keep in mind two things 1) my cost to ship to you will NOT be free nor can I ignore my costs to get shipped to me PLUS any other fees for payment etc.) There should be a significantly quicker and safer shipping than buying just one from Indonesia

I will take some pics of my bench LPM.. I was very lucky to find a clear plastic box that fit like a glove--hardest part was making the 'push-buttons' (4 of them)

I also hope that AixiZ Laser (here in Houston) will stock many/some etc of the drivers.. again faster/safer delivery to CONUS.

'WE' stand behind these products-- any true defective ones will be replaced free after getting the fail shipped to me or AixiZ and a 'report' of how everything was done including any/all ESD precautions.. (and you know there are MANY things needed)
The cost to ship back cannot be more than $1--& I will personally refund that cost. I feel this is very fair. (& is SOP)

jnrpop

Hi Hak, Any update on the "improved" 3D printed enclosures for the Hyperium? :)
Would love to see some pictures, and a pic of your bench build :beer:
J

Edit: scheduled in to print Astralists files next week, but if its not the best design would be good to know as i'll wait.

Last edited: