Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[FEELER] CNI GLP <5mW 561nm & other wavelength's

rhd

What exactly do you mean rhd? I don't have a Rigel listed. I only have the PGL-III-C version of 593.5.

Edit: If you are talking about the 589 pointer it's cheaper. LaserGlow sells their 1-2mW version at $389 :p

@Smeerworst

I guess you're right.... sort of..... the GB per-unit price is 10% cheaper than LaserGlow's.

But LaserGlow's $389 with free shipping is probably the same (or maybe even cheaper than) the groupbuy's $350 price tag + proportionate share of order shipping + cost of individual shipping to GB participant.

It doesn't seem like CNI is actually giving anyone any sort of break here. Perhaps they're even marking up.

I guess you're right.... sort of..... the GB per-unit price is 10% cheaper than LaserGlow's.

But LaserGlow's $389 with free shipping is probably the same (or maybe even cheaper than) the groupbuy's $350 price tag + proportionate share of order shipping + cost of individual shipping to GB participant.

It doesn't seem like CNI is actually giving anyone any sort of break here. Perhaps they're even marking up.

Agree with you. But aren't most of CNI's GLP's over-spec? That's what im thinking here so it might be more then LG's 2mW version :undecided:

-Alex

CNI replied in regards to shipping + Insurance:

Dear Alex,
For the 13pcs laser pointer, the shipping cost and insurance charge will be USD255.00.
It is better that we send the laser pointers to Canada direclty.
If you will buy the pointers for Christmas, please confirm the order asap, due to we will need time to produce the laser pointers.
Hope to get reply from you asap.

-Alex

Why Canada? AFAIK it's one of the countries with the most strict laser laws/customs...

Why Canada? AFAIK it's one of the countries with the most strict laser laws/customs...

Im not sure. I think the lasers would have a higher chance of being confiscated if they were imported into the US rather can Canada honestly, anyone else?

Also, Im worried if we don't find someone to collect payments soon this GB will have to be cut short which would a disappointment :(

-Alex

Last edited:
Ok Smeer, I asked and got this in reply:

Dear Alex,
Thanks for your email, now we will not sell the portable laser and laser pointer more than 5mW output power to USA.

I guess I need to remove anything over 5mW from the sale thread unfortunately :(

-Alex

If this GB happens around Christmas or later, Then could you put me down for a GLP-561 and a GLP-671.
Thanks

Should have the cash for both around the first week of December.

Ok Smeer, I asked and got this in reply:

Dear Alex,
Thanks for your email, now we will not sell the portable laser and laser pointer more than 5mW output power to USA.

I guess I need to remove anything over 5mW from the sale thread unfortunately :(

-Alex

Thank you for asking Alex, appreciated.

Wish they could just put a 5mW sticker on it and done ^^

Im not sure. I think the lasers would have a higher chance of being confiscated if they were imported into the US rather can Canada honestly, anyone else?

Also, Im worried if we don't find someone to collect payments soon this GB will have to be cut short which would a disappointment :(

-Alex

AFAIK Canada limits power to 1mW while the US limits to 5mW.

To all members of this GB:

It's almost January & I have had no luck finding someone who can collect payments & sent them to CNI. I'l decided to give it 2 more weeks and if we still are out of luck I will need to close this GB & inform CNI since I won't be on much during the Christmas holidays & want to inform CNI ASAP about the direction this GB is heading.

I have sent another member a PM & am hoping he answers back! *fingers crossed*

-Alex

well...I need to place an order to CNI in the near future, so get a list of who still wants what and let me know, I might be willing to just drop an all in one order.

well...I need to place an order to CNI in the near future, so get a list of who still wants what and let me know, I might be willing to just drop an all in one order.

Sounds good! Hopefully they will comment on this thread, if they do not all the people currently on the interested list are still willing to place an order. When are you thinking of placing it? I might be interested in getting a 405 GLP.

-Alex

That'll depend on how fast people respond. probably not until january. I doubt CNI will have things ready by xmas anyway. it's about time they start taking chinese holday soon, and I need money, and am not dying for parts atm. I need a driver but I don't want to spend 65$ on shipping just for that, so it's more worth while to just jump in with other buyers/include them in my own order. so if you guys take the time to figure it out over the next month or so and get your feet set in stone I'll run the ordering. I have access to Western Union and all the necessary forms and such. though needless to say, I wont be responsible for customs losses. (obviously) It'll also allow you guys peace of mind that they do what they're supposed to do, as I can put them through measuring and profiling since I have all the crazy expensive equipment you need for that.

Last edited:
That'll depend on how fast people respond. probably not until january. I doubt CNI will have things ready by xmas anyway. it's about time they start taking chinese holday soon, and I need money, and am not dying for parts atm. I need a driver but I don't want to spend 65$ on shipping just for that, so it's more worth while to just jump in with other buyers/include them in my own order. so if you guys take the time to figure it out over the next month or so and get your feet set in stone I'll run the ordering. I have access to Western Union and all the necessary forms and such. though needless to say, I wont be responsible for customs losses. (obviously) It'll also allow you guys peace of mind that they do what they're supposed to do, as I can put them through measuring and profiling since I have all the crazy expensive equipment you need for that.

Sounds good, thank you kaiser!

I'll let you know around January & hopefully the other members will chime in :)

-Alex

It's a Christmas miracle!

Thank you Kaiser :bowdown:

You have saved us all from life without 561nm. By the way I am definitely still in on this.