Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

FEELER CNI 561nm 5mW pointers.

Re: FEELER: CNI rare/special wavelength <5mw pointer GB, low prices!

That 561nm is looking good.

LeHap, is the 510nm *guaranteed* to be 510nm or lower?

D

Deleted member 16589

Re: FEELER: CNI 589nm and special wavelength <5mw pointer GB

UPDATE OH MY GOD UPDATE: 260$ FOR A 561NM POINTER UNDER 5mW!!!

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Count me in. Now i really need to sell some stuff :D

Can I add that we really need to keep this <5mW if we do 561nm The last thing we want is to have them confiscated because of one laser over 5mW

Last edited by a moderator:

GR3EN

I would really like to see this go through. If not by the OP hopefully someone familiar with buying from CNI will step in. If we are just oresting 5mw GLPs then there shouldn't be any risk or atleast very minimal.

I would really like to see this go through. If not by the OP hopefully someone familiar with buying from CNI will step in. If we are just oresting 5mw GLPs then there shouldn't be any risk or atleast very minimal.

I could chip in. I've ordered from CNI many times & talk to a representative there daily.

@Atom I can ask, but it might be lower. My 520 from them turned out to be 519 :)

-Alex

GR3EN

I could chip in. I've ordered from CNI many times & talk to a representative there daily.

@Atom I can ask, but it might be lower. My 520 from them turned out to be 519 :)

-Alex

That would be awesome. Question is will they match the price given on here vs the quote they gave you previously.

That would be awesome. Question is will they match the price given on here vs the quote they gave you previously.

Im sure they will. I don't mean to be heavy handed, but I will make sure of it if they don't.

Cool. Well im here if you guys need someone to talk to CNI or host it :)

-Alex

Last edited:

in the everlasting search to get 589nm over 5mW in handheld form i asked if they could ship higher power modules to the US, and they haven't gotten back yet but i have a good feeling on this one.

EDIT: nevermind, they said no. But it's the FDA's fault. If it weren't for their hardly enforced laser laws then we would be fine. But CNI is a good company that does not want to break laws, so they are only doing what is best for them legally.

Last edited:

Ok CNI said the 510's are normally 510+/-5 but they can pick some which are usually 510-512nm :)

-Alex

That's hardly worth the price, cheaper to get some PL515 and bin them.
If it was guaranteed <=510 it'd be another story ;)

Thanks for asking.

well, it seems we have a 561 group buy going on, but what about 589? i really want a low cost 589 from CNI because i dont want to have to get it from DL.

Encap

EDIT: nevermind, they said no. But it's the FDA's fault. If it weren't for their hardly enforced laser laws then we would be fine. But CNI is a good company that does not want to break laws, so they are only doing what is best for them legally.

It not that they are good little boys and girls and don't want to violate the law, rules and regulations..---they got caught doing just that repeatedly, FDA paid a visit to the factory, and they were put on the FDA "red list" 12Feb2015 see: Import Alert 95-04 They got put on notice by the USA.

They are trying to get removed from that list .
FDA says " In order to remove a firm from detention without physical examination, information should be provided to FDA to adequately demonstrate that the manufacturer has resolved the conditions that gave rise to the appearance of the violation, so that the agency will have confidence that future entries will be in compliance. For example, when appropriate, the request should include information for FDA to adequately assess whether the manufacturer's quality control and testing program is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act (Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, Chapter V, Subchapter C) and 21 CFR 1010.2 and their laser products comply with the Federal Performance Standard for Laser Products (21 CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11). In addition, under 21 CFR 1002.10(k), the importer must provide other information CDRH may reasonably require to determine whether the importer is in compliance with the Electronic Product Radiation Control Act and applicable standards."

Additionally, their prices historically for just modules have always been the same as for the complete hand held lasers of the same wavelength and output power.

Last edited:
It not that they are good little boys and girls and don't want to violate the law, rules and regulations..---they got caught doing just that repeatedly, FDA paid a visit to the factory, and they were put on the FDA "red list"

I don't understand... so many other companies doing much worse and CNI gets targeted? But let's not derail this thread; it's about a group buy from CNI for rare and special wavelengths in pointer form.

Encap

I don't understand... so many other companies doing much worse and CNI gets targeted? But let's not derail this thread; it's about a group buy from CNI for rare and special wavelengths in pointer form.

Not derailing anything was just explaining/commenting on the reality of the situation.
CNI is the laser industry leader in China and has a large business in other than handheld laser pointers -- is name and reputation in the industry thing and protecting their much larger and actually significant business.

The only choice CNI offers at the moment is 5 mW or less if you want them shipped directly to USA as multiple lasers in a single package. The price CNI gets for shipping individualy wipes out any savings. -- is approx $70 per laser, they only use FedEx.

What is CNI's shipping charge of 10 pieces, how much is customs duty which there will be on a large package and how much is well packed Priority Mail shipping within US --- a 589nm + 1/10 CNI shipping + duty + USPS shipping = $s??

Last edited:
Not derailing anything was just explaining/commenting on the reality of the situation.

What is CNI's shipping charge of 10 pieces, how much is customs duty which there will be on a large package and how much is well packed Priority Mail shipping within US --- a 589nm + 1/10 CNI shipping + duty + USPS shipping = $s??

for the derailing thing that's not what I meant I just didn't want us to continue on with it, but that was ok I just didn't want it to keep going.

Also, that second part with shipping, then le hap can you ask? I've asked a million questions I'm gonna take a little break XD

idk, they seem to be adamant about nothing over 5mW going to the US, maybe even if that means over-spec 5mW.

Oh I'm sure they're not intending on it being over 5mW, but these are DPSS units and something as simple as warming it up will change the power output. They'd need to add additional power-control circuitry to really force it to 5mW. I'm guessing that these will just be the 5mW-rated versions and that their power can fluctuate depending on conditions. Just saying that you might get lucky with one that over-delivers.