Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Extracting Diodes From Nichia diode bank

The can of compressed air is not air and should not be used on camera mirrors it says.

Lens pen possible, bet very gently.

Maybe compressed nitrogen, I will look for it later.

Ricker

20160407_150838_zpsenek9wwx.jpg

Ricker

Well guys, I got some cleaned, some are setting up with the Red First Contact for the second and third time around, the stuff is great except it sometimes leaves a bit of goo on the side of the window, not sure why or how it gets stuck there, I'm still experimenting with it, and will probably do a quick review on that stuff at a later time, but I got the first one I cleaned installed into a module, leads soldered on, heatshrinked and tested! Unfortunately my LPM only goes to 3.1 Watts so I didn't bother getting it out. :/ This has a 3-Element inside her. Enjoy!

Good work Ricker. :gj:
The nubm44 is a powerhouse diode capable of well over 7 watts, my best burners run 44's and they have held up well, HERE'S a bunch of my humble videos if anyone new wants to see the 44 burning once its mounted up and lensed out, just look through my video jumble for the ones marked 44 or nubm44, they have a wider divergence buy that's workable, the power is there.

Did I mention I like these diodes? :D

Ricker

Thanks, Red! It sure as hell is!! I've seen a few of your videos and they are great! :)

Nice work, Ricker. Your video looks somewhat violet, but I assume that is the camera.

Thanks, Paul! Yeah it is definitely pure blue power in person! I took a peak over my glasses at the beam, but shhh. :shhh: :D

SIEVA

Wow, really nice handicraft there!
I had to read almost whole thread, and I guess I might be too late to suggest something risky like:

1) First heating the whole array to some temperature X near what you think diode+window can handle, then

2) Use a non-static coolant spray to rapidly cool the diode, while trying to punch it out?

What are the lowest temperatures (and change) one of these could handle, without breaking?

Hey Ricker just out of curiosity what was the number on the NUBM44 block you had? I'm wondering if there are different versions.

Attachments

• 1460833393233.jpg
    1460833393233.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 119

Ricker

Yup, both of mine were 71's, not sure what the difference is if there is any.

Have you power tested them? If so what were they averaging? And also what was the manufacturing date on the projectors?

The one you show in your thread just says
NUBM44
that's why I was wondering if they have a variant of it.

DTR

If you look real close at the picture I blurred out the 71 and the last two digits of the production number to try to prevent them from tracking back to my supplier at the time. Did not bother with the code as it has black stuff covering up most of it. They still have a bit of a hard on for me.:eg:

Ricker

Have you power tested them? If so what were they averaging? And also what was the manufacturing date on the projectors?

Unfortunately I don't have an LPM that goes that high, only to 3.2, and my car just shit the bed so I need to buy a new one soon and not an LPM at the moment haha.