Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Excellent book for electronics beginners...

I don't know if this qualifies as a "Deal" or not, but it is for me. I stumbled across this book and got the kindle edition for $9.

Amazon.com: How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic (9780071744225): Michael Geier: Books

I actually found it while trying to find good material that would help me buy an oscilloscope and this book came up in my search.

It not only offers excellent information on how to choose an oscilloscope, but also excellent information on how to use one to diagnose problems and great info about electric circuits as well. If you are thinking about delving into drivers or want to understand them better, then it is a big help there too.

And at $9 it is a pretty good deal!

A big factor for me is something that I call "readability." I realize this is different for everyone, but for me this book was easy to read and I did the first 80 pages in a Saturday morning. So that made it even better because not only is there good info, but it was (for me, at least) easy to digest and enjoyable to read.

Anyway, as you can tell, I am excited about it and wanted to share it with others who might get use out of it as well. If you are a seasoned electronics engineer it will be very basic for you, but if you know the basics but want to learn more than what your basic voltmeter can tell you, then this is a great book to take you to that next level.

:beer:

Well, I honestly didn't mind paying $9 for the book. It was well worth it, but there are apparently a lot of links to the PDF. I don't know if any are legit or not.

How to Diagnose and Fix Everything Electronic PDF

I downloaded that one just to have a non-kindle copy on my computer. In the future, I'll check a book like that out online first, and pay if it turns out to be of use. I pay for too many that turn out to be turds. That is why I actually started this thread. I found a technical book that was readable.

:beer:

Stick with 4shared. There are a lot of sites that will transfer a virus with the file. 4shared scans the files for viruses before uploading them.