Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

EP's laser collection + New fog machine [Pic heavy]

EP's Collection
────────────────────────────────────────✺

I actually wasn't going to post a collection thread as I keep the lasers I have in my signature but I thought it'd be a good place to show off the pictures I took with my fog machine.

Yes, I'm a bit late to the party, about a year into this hobby and just now got a fogger :p Was browsing the seasonal section in Walmart and saw a killer deal on one and had to go for it. Worth every penny! (Well, every nickel if you're in Canada lol)

6nxu79.jpg

Fog juice on the left and fogger on the right. Works very well

2cylfmx.jpg

Transmitter that controls the fogger

I didn't use all of my lasers, for the fog I only brought in 4 handhelds and a module. Here are a few of them:

Custom NUBM07E build: 465nm - ~4W
303fq6a.jpg

2vl8dbl.jpg

Runtime: 4+ minutes (It can go longer but I have yet to push it that far)
2*18650
2" alu head
3E lens/sanwu 3x BE

Sanwu Silver Series: 445nm - 3W
i5cf94.jpg

2lcsh1w.jpg

Runtime: 2 mins
2*18650
G7 Lens

"Pocket duo"
2ikbg1z.jpg

i4fiwm.jpg

mws9p2.jpg

Black cover: Sanwu Pocket Series: 445nm - 500mW
Brown cover: Custom built GITD: 532nm - ~133mW

Hand crafted leather sheaths
Sanwu Pocket: Stainless steel, 10440 battery
Custom build: Aluminum, 14500 battery
Runtimes: Both under 45sec

Fog shots:

2vc6wjd.jpg

Creepy shot of the tripod I was using after putting down my flashlight

24ee5nd.jpg

Before the fog

hx27pi.jpg

kbwqiu.jpg

orm9eh.jpg

2l95xex.jpg

wswsgz.jpg

a32xac.jpg

2hmjync.jpg

1622sxw.jpg

^ Change in exposure, lowering it can offer not only more controlled pics but more colour acuracy
b70ysi.jpg

34sm2pt.jpg

2u9lfyg.jpg

2r7pnbs.jpg

2j125w2.jpg

fylfm.jpg

o935ux.jpg

6ypfd5.jpg

2cn75s1.jpg

Beam dump

Hope you enjoyed the show! :p

-E.P.

BobMc

Love your beam shots EP. Those were great to look at! Nice collection you got going there. You say you got your foggier at Walmart, I might have to check them out, still don't have one. Great pics!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice pics EP, I did enjoy the show! :beer:
Now you'll wonder how did without a fog machine for so long.

Whoa, nice collection EP !
Great shots too.
Love the GITD rings around that greenie.
I'll have to look into that.

:beer:

Thanks a ton guys! @BobMc, you definitely should take a look, but if you don't feel like buying one now you could always wait until the day after Halloween when they're on clearance and go for dirt cheap. Even now they've got great deals, I believe it was 9$ for the fog juice and 25$ for the fogger.

@BowtieGuy, Thanks for the rep! I would go outside during the night to get a good view of the beams, but that was only once every few weeks. Having this little guy around not only gives a much nicer beam view but extreme convenience, and it hardly uses up any fog juice per burst! Can't believe I didn't buy one sooner!

@RB, that pocket build remains one of my favourite lasers. A few people got involved with making it, I've got a thread on it here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f45/gitd-green-pocket-laser-collaborative-effort-pic-heavy-98205.html

Looks like I'm getting a fog machine. Nice pics bud. What camera are you using?

Looks like I'm getting a fog machine. Nice pics bud. What camera are you using?

Definitely tons of fun! Occasionally I'll use my buddy's DSLR to capture some good shots but this time around (and usually) I use my Galaxy Note 5's camera. It's pretty beast of a camera for a smartphone, you'd be amazed how well outdoor shots come out.

Very nice collection Sean! Great beamshots too my man, is that the potato smasher I see? Run times must be awesome with that chunky heatsink!! +Rep

Very nice collection Sean! Great beamshots too my man, is that the potato smasher I see? Run times must be awesome with that chunky heatsink!! +Rep

Thanks, CK! It is indeed, and the run times are superb. I've left this on for minutes without worrying, though I have yet to go past 4 mins. Maybe one day when I'm bored I'll see how far it can go before it gets hot :D

hi EP,
Nice show of WL's always a pleasure to see what the folks do with them. Awesome buddy..

Rich:)

Thanks, CK! It is indeed, and the run times are superb. I've left this on for minutes without worrying, though I have yet to go past 4 mins. Maybe one day when I'm bored I'll see how far it can go before it gets hot :D

Yeah that thing is a monster bro! Even having solid 2 minute duty cycles on 3w+ lasers is all I would ever need. You can do alot of pictures in 2 minutes! Enjoyed your collection, I need to put myne up soon and share some of my babies. :beer:

Just now saw this. Very nice. What is in the fog liquid, does it say? I'm curious as I wonder if it is safe to use on laser optics.

Just now saw this. Very nice. What is in the fog liquid, does it say? I'm curious as I wonder if it is safe to use on laser optics.

Thanks Paul, the container itself doesn't list any ingredients or anything like that, but I read online it's 50/50 or 25/75 (depending on the brand) of glycerin and water. I haven't noticed any harm to my laser lenses or the 3x BE I was using, so that's a plus.

Glycerin? I don't know that I'd allow my lasers to be contaminated with glycerin droplets. I think as long as the fog isn't all over the laser, you might be okay. Glycerin makes great fog, but it isn't meant to be used with lasers. A better solution would be distilled water.