Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

(ENDED) JLasers February 2024 Giveaway

What would you like to see developed next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loreadarkshade

This month's item:
JLasers C8 - 7W 450nm - Extended Heatsink
_MG_0280.jpg_MG_0277.jpg_MG_0285.jpg
7W of pure annihilation from this beast. It can be held on indefinitely. It takes 2x 18350s. Uses NUBM47-A1 diode + CDM-P4000 driver.

To enter the giveaway, simply take a vote in the poll, leave a like or a comment!
The draw will be on March 1st, 2024.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Voted for the RGB. It would be interesting to have more RGB laser options.

farbe2

I am currently working on a small RGB handheld.
I build a 3,3W RGB pointer with beam correction before and i am now tackeling the lower end of the power spectrum.

It uses single mode diodes:
185mW 638nm Red
120mW 520nm Green
120mW 450nm Blue

Expecting around 300-350mW neutral white without overdriving the diodes.
Closer to 500mW total without concidering color balance and overdriving the diodes to typical Pointer levels.

It will feature a "safe mode" which limits the output to 5mW total and a "full power" mode.

Also: Full color IPS display and D-Pad for naviagtion of the userinterface / saving presets / mixing colors.
Full 10bit analog dimming (from treshold to full diode current), logarithmic. It will have enough dimming resolution to be able to still mix good colors at 5mW total output. Roughly 100-120 dimming steps between threshold and 5mW output - the steps should be invisible.

Some funny color chasing modes and modes to draw colored lines because modulation will be fast!

Build-in rechargable battery and battery charging with standard USB-C connector.

It also includes Temperature sensing to protect the diodes from overheating.

Best part: the unit is small enough to veryday carry. Lighter and Banana for scale!

Screenshot 2024-01-28 180426.png

Screenshot 2024-01-28 182731.png

If you are interested in my design files, we surely can work something out.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I am currently working on a small RGB handheld.
I build a 3,3W RGB pointer with beam correction before and i am now tackeling the lower end of the power spectrum.

It uses single mode diodes:
185mW 638nm Red
120mW 520nm Green
120mW 450nm Blue

Expecting around 300-350mW neutral white without overdriving the diodes.
Closer to 500mW total without concidering color balance and overdriving the diodes to typical Pointer levels.

It will feature a "safe mode" which limits the output to 5mW total and a "full power" mode.

Also: Full color IPS display and D-Pad for naviagtion of the userinterface / saving presets / mixing colors.
Full 10bit analog dimming (from treshold to full diode current), logarithmic. It will have enough dimming resolution to be able to still mix good colors at 5mW total output. Roughly 100-120 dimming steps between threshold and 5mW output - the steps should be invisible.

Some funny color chasing modes and modes to draw colored lines because modulation will be fast!

Build-in rechargable battery and battery charging with standard USB-C connector.

It also includes Temperature sensing to protect the diodes from overheating.

Best part: the unit is small enough to veryday carry. Lighter and Banana for scale!

View attachment 77203

View attachment 77202

If you are interested in my design files, we surely can work something out.
Very nice design. I also like the idea of single mode diodes. The divergence and beam profiles will be so much better.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
I'd definitely go for the RGB unit. One of those is definitely on my laser bucket list, the one from Sanwu is just a bit outside my budget. If it could be done for under 1K would be epic. :cool:

farbe2

Very nice design. I also like the idea of single mode diodes. The divergence and beam profiles will be so much better.
That unit actually also includes beam correction for the singlemode diodes. That gives me a completely round beam profile with roughly 1,5mm diameter at the output. All colors are quite well matched and also stay round.

BTW @loreadarkshade, I am NOT in for the giveaway. I already have too many lasers :D

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
We need RGB. It's amazing to get so many colors in one unit. I hope to see more projects with rgb in the future. You guys are doing great.

Viruzzz

RGB is definitely the most exciting, the poll was multi option, so I also voted for lightsabers and drivers, but RGB is definitely a good bit ahead of the other two.

I also would like to see an RGB pointer. Hopefully it will work out better than the last option we all had here.

Anyone else remember the White Fusion kit from 2009? It was like real life magic when it came out, back when green was DPSS and "Blue" was actually violet. But it worked for pseudo white laser

What's this about an RGB pointer ??
I have almost ordered one from Sanwu several times, but I just can't justify the price.