Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Encouragement?

Life sucks sometimes man, but the cold hard truth is you need to work to get paid, and that means working for people you dont like more often than not. Ive disliked almost every boss i have ever had and there have been dozens of them over the years.

Just focus on doing the best job you can and dont take anything they say personally, if you have come to the conclusion that this person is a complete idiot why would you care what an idiot has to say to or about you anyways.

Dont get stressed, if you are doing the best job you can then you have nothing to be stressed about.

Thank you Rifter, really means a lot. Same goes to all the rest of you guys who took your time to help me on this issue :)

I will keep you guys updated about how next week goes, hopefully she won't fire me before next Friday :D

-Alex

Last edited:

Rifter

Thank you Rifter, really means a lot. Same goes to all the rest of you guys who took your time to help me on this issue :)

I will keep you guys updated about how next week goes, hopefully she won't fire me before next Friday :D

-Alex

Just focus on yourself and doing the job, as long as you know that you are doing the best job you can thats all that matters. They should be able to see that you are doing the best you can, if they dont its their loss.

IsaacT

Just visualize the money. Money can buy many things. I work so that I can waste a majority of the cash on lasers. Most of us are probably in the same boat in that regard. Just think about the fact that without putting in the hours you will never have them photons.

PS - have you thought about trying to buy a used Rigel? You might be able to chop off 75-100 dollars from the price and get faster shipping and know up front what you are getting in terms of power and efficiency. Just put up a wanted ad in the BST section.

Last edited:
PS - have you thought about trying to buy a used Rigel? You might be able to chop off 75-100 dollars from the price and get faster shipping and know up front what you are getting in terms of power and efficiency. Just put up a wanted ad in the BST section.

Yes IT haha. As a matter of fact, DJNY sent me a PM not too long ago informing me he would be putting his Rigel up for sale in a few weeks time :)

-Alex

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
When dealing with someone like that, I just imagine them tripping on marbles and SMASHING to the ground. :D

About the laser, I've owned a couple Rigels in my time, and while the color is very beautiful (probably my favorite wavelength) I find myself really wanting more than 5mW. At this point I am kind of at a loss about what to get though, with Canada Customs clamping down on 3B portables and no option for a custom build with 589 or 593.5.

IsaacT

When dealing with someone like that, I just imagine them tripping on marbles and SMASHING to the ground. :D

About the laser, I've owned a couple Rigels in my time, and while the color is very beautiful (probably my favorite wavelength) I find myself really wanting more than 5mW. At this point I am kind of at a loss about what to get though, with Canada Customs clamping down on 3B portables and no option for a custom build with 589 or 593.5.

Buy it from somebody on the forum and both people drive to the US/Canada border....well maybe you can dog sled there :p jk jk. Anyway do a hand exchange. :)

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with more information, I appreciate it :)

I decided this: If I manage to make it to the end of next week I will just go ahead and buy the Rigel-5 pointer from LaserGlow. If I don't manage to last that long I will go ahead and purchase the LaserGlow Electra which even though dim is still a pretty good little pointer :)

Note: If anyone has more information please go ahead and provide me with it!

-Alex

I think this proves there is very little point in giving you advice as you won't take it unless it's what you want to hear. I own a Rigel (and a bloody good one at that) and I'm advising you against getting one given the other options.

Honestly I like you and all but you have just GOT to get out of this LG obsession bubble you have, it's going to kill your finances and miss you a boatload of opportunities.

$239 for a <5mW purple pointer? Really? Really?

I think this proves there is very little point in giving you advice as you won't take it unless it's what you want to hear. I own a Rigel (and a bloody good one at that) and I'm advising you against getting one given the other options.

Honestly I like you and all but you have just GOT to get out of this LG obsession bubble you have, it's going to kill your finances and miss you a boatload of opportunities.

$239 for a <5mW purple pointer? Really? Really?

*sigh* I agree. I do have an obsession with LG and their products and I honestly don't really have a clue why. I think it started with the PL-E PRO 500mW 532nm laser I used to own, I WAS NOT in any way careful around it. (i.e) never wore glasses when burning and aimed it around mirrors along with other things which could have easily taken my sight. Since then & after a lot of reading about how dangerous those kind of lasers were I sort of formed a barrier in my head where anything above 5mW will instantly blind you and can burn your eye right out. I know it sounds silly, but I just can't shake that idea out of my head. I was looking over DL earlier today and was considering buying their 5mW "Aurora" which is only $60 and is basically the same thing as LaserGlow's Electra.

Honestly, I just don't know right now. Im trying to get as much money as possible from this job then I will see which direction I want to go :)

-Alex

RayJay

Dude, It's his money, let him buy what he wants with it? It's not like he's crapping on people's suggestion's, quite the opposite.. He's asking for people's opinions, It doesn't mean he has to take them? If he want's a rigel then he'll get a rigel! As you said, you have one yourself, so it was good enough for you? Also, So did i (until a few days ago) and to be honest it was one of my favourite pointers. Sure it wasn't that powerful and there are cheaper one's out there but at the end of the day you want what you want and some dude trying to flame you on a forum isn't going to change your mind!

Greenlander, I know why you have a LG obsession.. Because they make good lasers!! And you have previously stated several times that you don't want anything over 5mW and to be honest buying from a reputable source like LG is the only way your going to find a properly metered/labeled <5mW.

So if that is what you want don't let anyone talk you out of it. Take opinions on board but make your own decision. :D

Rifter

*sigh* I agree. I do have an obsession with LG and their products and I honestly don't really have a clue why. I think it started with the PL-E PRO 500mW 532nm laser I used to own, I WAS NOT in any way careful around it. (i.e) never wore glasses when burning and aimed it around mirrors along with other things which could have easily taken my sight. Since then & after a lot of reading about how dangerous those kind of lasers were I sort of formed a barrier in my head where anything above 5mW will instantly blind you and can burn your eye right out. I know it sounds silly, but I just can't shake that idea out of my head. I was looking over DL earlier today and was considering buying their 5mW "Aurora" which is only $60 and is basically the same thing as LaserGlow's Electra.

Honestly, I just don't know right now. Im trying to get as much money as possible from this job then I will see which direction I want to go :)

-Alex

Ive noticed the laseglow obsession too, you really should branch out. Not knocking LG they sell quality products but at the same time you pay for the name alot of the time not the product especially with their non red/green wavelengths.

I find it strange that you used to burn with a 500mw green no glasses but are now scared of anything 5mw or higher, dont get me wrong, a health fear of lasers hitting you in the eye is most definitely a good thing but i cant even look at my 50mw 532 ebay pointer on a white wall without my eyes feeling uncomfortable, i cant imagine how bright a 500mw 532nm would be. Ive seen the beam on a 500mw 532nm but only pointed in the sky or far away objects never dot on anything within 100 feet.

@RayJay I appreciate what you said. I enjoy their pointers very much and are by far some of the best I have ever owned, which is obviously why I keep buying from them. But trench does have a point when he mentions "I should branch out". Staying stuck to just one company isn't a good thing since if something happens (i.e) they go out of business you are basically screwed :(

Anyway, after thinking about it some more I will either get a LG Rigel or a LG Electra even though the Electra is heavily over-priced Im happy with what they sell and don't mind paying the extra penny for something I know will last me a loooong time. I understand some may find this ridiculous but to me, I don't think others should deter others from buying what they enjoy. I accept others and don't judge deciding on what they buy, if someone was going to tell me they were about to buy a WL Krypton I would first inform them of other *cheaper* options and of other companies which sell much higher quality units, but hey! If they still want to buy from WL that's their choice and I am in no position to pass judgement on others since I have my own defaults(plenty of them actually :D), and if they ever came back later needing help with their laser I would without a doubt be here to provide as much help as possible. Basically, I feel everyone deserves to get what makes them happy :)

@Rifter Mhm. 500mW of 532nm was EXTREMELY bright, inside the house during daylight you could clearly see a beam and at night....wow...it did hurt my eyes but of course back then I kept looking at the dot since I knew nothing about the laser. Im just very fortunate I haven't lost my eyesight with the stupidity of my actions.

-Alex

Last edited:
As you said, you have one yourself, so it was good enough for you? Also, So did i (until a few days ago) and to be honest it was one of my favourite pointers.

My advice (and several others') was purely based on what is currently the most financially sensible choice for someone who does not yet own a yellow and is currently in the market for one.

I own a Rigel because it came up in the classifieds for a great price, is one of the more stable ones known to the LPF community and I specifically wanted 593.5nm. Also, at that time, "cheap" 589s didn't exist. It doesn't change the fact that DL's 589 is currently hands down THE best handheld yellow on the market, and for someone who doesn't have a yellow, is but a missed opportunity to not buy one!

Greenlander, I know why you have a LG obsession.. Because they make good lasers!!

LG don't make any lasers. There's only one thing they make, profit...

Perhaps I was wrong to come across as bossy in what I said but to me what Alex is doing is akin to flushing money down the toilet, which I think is a great shame and I love to see people get value for money. Alex clearly knows he's fixated on LG but is obviously not ready to try others' products.

Last edited:

Rifter

LG don't make any lasers. There's only one thing they make, profit...

This is also true and worth considering Alex, you might be able to find the same laser as LG's but cheaper directly from the supplier or from another retailer. LG does not make any of their own lasers to my knowledge.

This is also true and worth considering Alex, you might be able to find the same laser as LG's but cheaper directly from the supplier or from another retailer. LG does not make any of their own lasers to my knowledge.

Dragon sell some of the same lasers that are much cheaper, and CNI make them. LGs prices are just astronomical in comparison and about all they do is meter the lasers and assign them into "groups" of power levels, which are nothing more than the on or slightly under spec and over spec lasers which left the CNI factory.

Rifter

Dragon sell some of the same lasers that are much cheaper, and CNI make them. LGs prices are just astronomical in comparison and about all they do is meter the lasers and assign them into "groups" of power levels, which are nothing more than the on or slightly under spec and over spec lasers which left the CNI factory.

Is CNI the only supplier or does LG use multiple suppliers?