Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Same ^^^
Great pics as usual ArcticDude. Don't worry Paul, I managed to rep him. :p
:beer:

Last edited:

BobMc

Here's few examples from yesterday. These pictures have taken with 10-14sec exposure and NUBM07E was lasing only 1-3sec during that time.

Nice and clear pics Arctic. . :)

Yes I did bring my camera, hopefully I be able to get some beam shots here and there. Don't think I can match your scenery, but I'll see what I can find. :thinking:

If you wouldn't mind, and explain it to a amateur. Understand about the 10-14 second exposure time. The 1-3 second lasing time, is the time the Laser was lasing?

I generally have it lasing the entire exposure time?

Last edited:
Because the 07 puts out so much light in dark areas, he probably needs the extra exposure time when the laser is off to balance out the rest of the photo. Otherwise the laser would overwhelm the rest of the picture.

BobMc

Ok, :thinking: how does he turn the Laser on and off without showing up in the shot?

:thinking:

Last edited:
IDK, but it might have a remote cable or be able to be timed. Either way would do the trick.

Ok, :thinking: how does he turn the Laser on and off without showing up in the shot?

Quickly. :crackup:
I did the same in my shots with the stand Bob.
If you move quickly and there's not a lot of light, you don't show up on the image.
I was also worried about runtime so I did exactly what Arctic did.
Planning on doing some really long exposures so I can get the star trails and beams on one shot.

BTW beautiful shots Arctic, such a beautiful area to image.
Love those beam shots buddy.

BobMc

IDK, but it might have a remote cable or be able to be timed. Either way would do the trick.

I suppose? It will be interesting to see what Arctic says.

Quickly. :crackup:
I did the same in my shots with the stand Bob.
If you move quickly and there's not a lot of light, you don't show up on the image.
I was also worried about runtime so I did exactly what Arctic did.
Planning on doing some really long exposures so I can get the star trails and beams on one shot.

BTW beautiful shots Arctic, such a beautiful area to image.
Love those beam shots buddy.

Ok, that some pretty quick movements, not to even show up as a blur.

Proof is in the shot. Or lack of.

Are you sure your not like a vampire and just don't show up on mirrors and pictures? :crackup:

Last edited:
Are you sure your not like a vampire and just don't show up on mirrors and pictures? :crackup:

Yeah with my hobbies I've had to become a creature of the night.
As for not showing up on pictures, well, there's another reason for that. :crackup:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter

I recall AD saying that he did use a remote tailswitch.

Quote:
"That's why I'm using remote tailswitch setup that I mentioned..
If you will use normal tail switch ON/OFF it can cause beam shaking on the picture.
Using remote tail switch laser stays complete still and makes your photo shooting much more easier when you can control you laser behind the camera."

Ah thanks Jeff.
There you go, he does use a remote.
Good thinking actually because I noticed my beams shook a bit as I switched them off.

BobMc

Here's a beam shot I got tonight with a Sanwu tri-beam and 900mw 520nm ( both Guardians ).

Also included a picture a friend sent to me, of the fire that happened up in Oregon last week. It's the same area, quite frightening.

lUQBQyx.jpg

oGqO6ms.png

Still don't like how out of focus it is. :thinking:

Last edited: