Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

Love the nature shots and laser interposed with them. Here we call that a brook and since it is moving downhill, there are no waterfalls. If it falls less than a few meters, we don't call them that. Still, beautiful photos as usual. Can'r rep you again so soon, but I owe you one. :yh:

Oh wow, Arctic, I only just saw these.
Fantastic imagery my friend !!!
Yep, +rep when I can for you again soon buddy.

RB

:beer:

BobMc

Thought I practice taking some more beam shots. Used a couple of my dual but had a alignment problem with two of them, the r&g to yellow and the dual 44 as you can see in the pictures. The dual 520 2.80 watt (far left) red I could get aligned. The dual are just hard to get aligned perfectly. Used a Sanwu 5 watt 445 and a Sanwu 1 watt 520 also. Hope you enjoy my practice shots.:wave:

7t6OFe3.jpg

3vkwCs4.jpg

8qv5W1N.jpg

mz3BQR0.jpg

LXm4TTB.jpg

6SetNZj.jpg

djqHO1r.jpg

fWlnL0Z.jpg

ZV6JNR6.jpg

luqfd7K.jpg

AuXMnU8.jpg

Hope you guys like beam shots like I do! :)

Last edited:
Thought I practice taking some more beam shots. Used a couple of my dual but had a alignment problem with two of them, the r&g to yellow and the dual 44 as you can see in the pictures. The dual 520 2.80 watt (far right) red I could get aligned. The dual are just hard to get aligned perfectly. Used a Sanwu 5 watt 445 and a Sanwu 1 watt 520 also. Hope you enjoy my practice shots.:wave:

Hope you guys like beam shots like I do! :)

Bob..
Those are REALLY NICE beamshots!! :kewlpics:

I'm glad to see you're having good progress with your new camera, way to go man!
Having a decent camera makes quite difference on low light conditions, and especially when taking beamshots.

PS.
You probably should resize your pictures a bit, since my phone browser crashes every time when I try to look your posts (and 2.6W greenie thread does same )
-And it's probably also indicates that I should update my phone too :crackup:

---------------

Few shots from last night..
What an Awesome night!! Sky was clear and my old friend Mr. Moon was there too. Did some 15km long distance spotting. I had some extra gear with me (160mm spotting scope with 100x zoom + my old Panasonic camera attached to Spotting scope)

I managed to take only few pictures through the scope before camera's battery runned out. I seem to forgot that my old camera and battery has served me over 7 years now and it just ain't as good it was back then.. :p

I will have to wait results of through the scope shots few days, until I'll get back to home.

Took some of other beamshots too after long distance spotting. After few hours Moon was slowly fading below the horizont. It was getting pitch black since there wasnt moon light anymore. I was already packed my gears when I looked up: There it was! Our home Galaxy.. The Milky Way!

Whohoo!!
happytime_hoejzn.gif

It was there whole time but I couldn't see it because moon was too bright. Just breathtaking view, white band of stars reaching over zenith and could be seen with bare eye.

I un-packed my gears again and took my camera and things from the backpack and start to taking photos of it. Now afterwards when I thinking of it; I had an brilliant chance to take some "Galaxy" beamshots but I missed it. I was so thrilled of that amazing view and I complitely forgot that I had my lasers with me.

Don't know when I have this kind of opportunity for taking milkyway beamshots, maybe next year...

This was probably last summer cottage visit in this year, since autumn and winter are approacing fast.

HI-Res images via click

Last edited:

BobMc

Bob..
Those are REALLY NICE beamshots!! :kewlpics:

I'm glad to see you're having good progress with your new camera, way to go man!
Having a decent camera makes quite difference on low light conditions, and especially when taking beamshots.

PS.
You probably should resize your pictures a bit, since my phone browser crashes every time when I try to look your posts (and 2.6W greenie thread does same )
-And it's probably also indicates that I should update my phone too :crackup:

---------------

Few shots from last night..
What an Awesome night!! Sky was clear and my old friend Mr. Moon was there too. Did some 15km long distance spotting. I had some extra gear with me (160mm spotting scope with 100x zoom + my old Panasonic camera attached to Spotting scope)

I managed to take only few pictures through the scope before camera's battery runned out. I seem to forgot that my old camera and battery has served me over 7 years now and it just ain't as good it was back then.. :p

I will have to wait results of through the scope shots few days, until I'll get back to home.

Took some of other beamshots too after long distance spotting. After few hours Moon was slowly fading below the horizont. It was getting pitch black since there wasnt moon light anymore. I was already packed my gears when I looked up: There it was! Our home Galaxy.. The Milky Way!

Whohoo!!
happytime_hoejzn.gif

It was there whole time but I couldn't see it because moon was too bright. Just breathtaking view, white band of stars reaching over zenith and could be seen with bare eye.

I un-packed my gears again and took my camera and things from the backpack and start to taking photos of it. Now afterwards when I thinking of it; I had an brilliant chance to take some "Galaxy" beamshots but I missed it. I was so thrilled of that amazing view and I complitely forgot that I had my lasers with me.

Don't know when I have this kind of opportunity for taking milkyway beamshots, maybe next year...

This was probably last summer cottage visit in this year, since autumn and winter are approacing fast.

HI-Res images via click

Thanks for the kind words Arctic.

Your picture are so scenic and clear. :gj: So peaceful looking.

Hi BM,
Now its your turn to compliment that awesome laser photography devise you invented. Dr.Bob or Mad Scientist ,well both fit the bill. Need more pics that devise takes the W out of work.

Rich:)

Few more shots from the weekend..
Hoped for another change to take some "Galaxy beamshots" but sky was getting overcast..

HI-Res images via click :wave:

I never noticed the boats before. Is that a small marina? Looks great as usual.

Huh. Are there some hot springs there? With a name like cottage sauna it makes one think of one. Wouldn't surprise me to find there is some volcanic activity there. At any rate, great photos.

Such beautiful scenery Arctic !!
Love those shots.
Also looking forward to some Galaxy shots man, that would be so cool.
Obviously close to my heart so can't wait.

I'm pretty sure I've posted this one elsewhere but if it's ok with you guys I might post it here too.
It's that time of year for us where the Milky Way is in a nice position in the sky.
I'm hoping to get some more shots like this when the weather permits.

RB

_MG_7225.jpg

I like that photo, Andrew. What laser was that? it looks like at least 465nm to 470nm with a BE attached.

I like that photo, Andrew. What laser was that? it looks like at least 465nm to 470nm with a BE attached.

Nah Paul, it was taken with my Canon 5DII so the colour isn't as accurate.
Laser was just a 450nm Rick Trent build.
I'm hoping to be able to get better accuracy for my beam shots now as I've bought a Nikon B700.
We'll see how it goes.

camera.gif

Wow. That color doesn't look anything like a 445nm. I guess it is for the galaxy and not the laser. Was it taken with a scope or just the camera?

Wow. That color doesn't look anything like a 445nm. I guess it is for the galaxy and not the laser. Was it taken with a scope or just the camera?

Yeah, the Canon DSLRs and most DSLRs have a hard time with the beam colour.
Even though they're accurate, they all (most) seen to have a difficult time rendering the beam accurately.
Ironically some smart phones are better at it than professional DSLRs.
I'm hoping that this Nikon B700 (not a DSLR) does a much better job on beam colour.

This photo was taken with a wide angle 16mm @f/3.5, 30 sec with ISO 3200 on a tripod using the Canon 5DII, no scope.

:)

Last edited: