Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

No beam expander here!

Laser was just placed right next to/behind the camera so it shot right past the lense.

The very orange color is from a street light. Was 15s exposure from a micro 4/3rds camera.

Another picture from the same night with the laser off about 8ft in front of the camera but out of the shot.

Camera got bumped here :/

didnt realize until we pulled up the image.

Like i said, the optics got like 1000x better when i got some real batteries. The friggen beam is very tight.

1050248.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

Encap

Few shots from last night..
It was a clear summer night and absolutely calm weather without a breeze.
Nature was providing it's own fog machine once again, and it was really peaceful & relaxing feeling to watch fog clouds traveling slowly but steadily a cross the lake.
-Some times in three separate layers.

Sun is rising in a last picture, I tried to take pictures of it, but I couldn't capture it on it's whole beauty, just a partion of it.
It was a breathtaking to see sunrise and sun rays casting through fog. Just mind-boggling and wonderful moment before I packed my gears.

HI-Res images via clicking pics.. :p

Very nice, more great/very enjoyable photos from you. They seem to never end.

The environment landscape and atmosphere were you are is so beautiful and untouched, relatively, is hard not to get a great photos but you creative use of the laser really adds to everything with sharp contrast.

Keep them coming!! Thanks for posting them.

@ Jombo

That's a lot of orange to be produced by a single street lamp. I see what you mean about the camera being bumped. On longer exposures it tend to ruin the shot.

@ ArcticDude

Very nice landscapes with the fog helping to make the beam shots more visible. Can'r rep either of you yet.

@ Jombo

That's a lot of orange to be produced by a single street lamp. I see what you mean about the camera being bumped. On longer exposures it tend to ruin the shot.

@ ArcticDude

Very nice landscapes with the fog helping to make the beam shots more visible. Can'r rep either of you yet.

Yeah its a sodium one, it looks that orange in person.

The reason its so even across the image is just because the camera tends to average the light across all shots as if its an HDR image or something.

In real life, the street light isnt that bright all the way across.

Once again ArcticDude, great pics! The green shows up so bright. Awesome. :)

Just curious, how close is your closest neighbor? Awesome place to live. Enjoy.

Thanks Bob! I think I am lucky and privileged to born over here.. At least in summer times.. :crackup:

These images shooting place is about 10-15 minutes walk from our house.

Very nice, more great/very enjoyable photos from you. They seem to never end.

The environment landscape and atmosphere were you are is so beautiful and untouched, relatively, is hard not to get a great photos but you creative use of the laser really adds to everything with sharp contrast.

Keep them coming!! Thanks for posting them.

I'm also found this combonation somehow facinating, laser beam brings energetic, cutting sharp and high contrast element into this silent and somnolent landscape.

More images as requested.. Few shots from last night, fog was so dense that I had to change shooting place many times. Camera lens was getting blurred of moisture, less than in minute when lens cover was removed and I had to clean lens contanly.

HI-Res images via click :wave:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Bob! I think I am lucky and privileged to born over here.. At least in summer times.. :crackup:

These images shooting place is about 10-15 minutes walk from our house.

I'm also found this combonation somehow facinating, laser beam brings energetic, cutting sharp and high contrast element into this silent and somnolent landscape.

Simply beautiful, AD, more of your "Enchanted" beam magic! I find these, and all your "nature" photos are just as you stated above, with the added element that your photos don't seem to intrude on the peaceful, solemn nature that your settings deliver! :yh:
:kewlpics:

@Jombo23, Sweet beam shot, love that contrasting orange and green!

Last edited:
i don't think anyone else is producing anything like these, great work!

BobMc

Arctic; just wondering on your blue and green beam pictures. What is the wattage of the lasers you photographed? Great pics. :gj:

Encap

More images as requested.. Few shots from last night, fog was so dense that I had to change shooting place many times. Camera lens was getting blurred of moisture, less than in minute when lens cover was removed and I had to clean lens contanly.

Nice work---always nice to see your photos.

Thanks guys!

@BobMc: Green is a bit over driven Osram PLP520-B1 160-170mW and blue is also a bit over driven 4.5A NUBM07E
Didn't want to go 5A extreme over driven like Pman did. :p

I'm also using remote tail switch setup with NUBM07E, so I can adjust how long laser is turned ON while taking pictures. Sometimes when is very low light conditions e.g winter, laser is ON 2-5sec in 15sec exposure.

BobMc

Thanks guys!

@BobMc: Green is a bit over driven Osram PLP520-B1 160-170mW and blue is also a bit over driven 4.5A NUBM07E
Didn't want to go 5A extreme over driven like Pman did. :p

I'm also using remote tail switch setup with NUBM07E, so I can adjust how long laser is turned ON while taking pictures. Sometimes when is very low light conditions e.g winter, laser is ON 2-5sec in 15sec exposure.

Both are very nice. Would have thought the green was more than 160-170mw's for sure. But it photographs so nice.

Interesting about your 15 second exposure with the laser only on 2-5 seconds of the shot? Proof is in the pictures, it works quite well. Impressive. :)

Found few new shooting places, most of the pictures aren't good enough because dirty camera lens. I cleaned lens before shooting, but obviously not well enough.

Just one lousy pic this time. :mad:

_1190304_web.jpg

BobMc

Found few new shooting places, most of the pictures aren't good enough because dirty camera lens. I cleaned lens before shooting, but obviously not well enough.

Just one lousy pic this time. :mad:

_1190304_web.jpg

Morning Arctic sorry your pictures didn't turn out well. You got one nice one though. Just a quick shout out to say good morning! :)

Good morning Bob! :)
Any progress with you camera? Would love to see some beamshots of yours...
Please ;)

BobMc

Good morning Bob! :)
Any progress with you camera? Would love to see some beamshots of yours...
Please ;)

Things at work have kept me pretty busy. Haven't had a chance to practice with it much. Just been too tired at the end of the day. Work 10-12 hrs a day and that bed looks so good after the days end. But it's something that I want to learn. But thanks for asking. :)

It is something I'm purposing to do.

Last edited: