Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

Nice shots Enchilada!

Few more RGB shots..

rgb-1120560.jpg

rgb-1120561.jpg

rgb-1120562.jpg

Nice shots, Enchilada!

And yeah, I've gotta agree with everything that's been said about that RGB build, ArcticDude! Just absolutely stunning work, and that pink beam looks killer. :drool:

Yes, that beam looks good, no overspray or anything. :gj:

This one...WOW, and the aquamarine looks great too.

rgb-1120556.jpg

Last edited:

Radim

Awesome, ArcticDude. I was looking forward to see your RGB laser hitting diffraction grating. Great shot.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Awesome, ArcticDude. I was looking forward to see your RGB laser hitting diffraction grating. Great shot.

You mean you are looking forward to seeing more diffraction shots Radim. ;)

Very nice ArcticDude. I love the internal glow of the laser head due to the translucency of the plastic.

Last edited:

Radim

Sure, Oliver. We want more! :D White beam hitting small piece of glass and breaking into many RGB beams? Sure! Awesome effect. Seeing this I consider getting this host now. Or maybe I'll try some shots with my projector first. As I've invested in light painting brushes and I'll go for 473 nm JL PL-E Pro soon, I cannot go for it now. If I did, the spiral of buying laser stuff would suck my account out. :-D

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
That's the hobby for you. Lasers can burn a hole in your pocket ... literally! :D
473nm would be a lovely addition to the blue part of your spectrum however. :eg:

Shots from last night with RGB & diffraction gratings..

It was perfect weather for diffraction gratings shots due rapid temperature changes and heavy humidity. Fog machine effect provided by nature. :crackup:

P1120587.jpg

P1120588.jpg

P1120590.jpg

P1120591.jpg

P1120592.jpg

P1120593.jpg

P1120594.jpg

P1120595.jpg

P1120596.jpg

P1120597.jpg

P1120598.jpg

P1120599.jpg

P1120600.jpg

Were any of these pictures taken with LTE? I'd love to see beamshots taken with and without LTE side by side, to appreciate the difference, because I have 0 experience with it.

That should be enough diffraction grating shots to satisfy Radim for awhile, ArcticDude. :D Very nice indeed.

Radim

Thank you so much, ArcticDude. Beautiful, amazing and a bit surreal photos... I really love the second pic but all of them are so magical.

That's perfect example to show when someone is asking about difference between true yellow laser and composed beams yellow or asking about white laser.

I'm still being impressed from LPF and how much information, inspiration and amazing projects can be found here.

Was a amazing full moon last night.. Forgot to recharge camera battery so just one shot from last night...

P1120620_edit.jpg

EDIT

Thank you so much, ArcticDude. Beautiful, amazing and a bit surreal photos... I really love the second pic but all of them are so magical.

That's perfect example to show when someone is asking about difference between true yellow laser and composed beams yellow or asking about white laser.

I'm still being impressed from LPF and how much information, inspiration and amazing projects can be found here.

Only problem with pure yellow / DPSS lasers generally when you live here in up north is that DPSS laser doesn't work properly on these temperatures.. :yabbem:

Last edited:

Radim

Yes, that is some disadvantage of DPSS. My conditions here are not nearly that extreme as yours in winter but I also experience some problems with DPSS lasers - I try to keep them warm, but protection (in batts or even laser itself) kills the power due to increased internal resistance of batts mostly before the DPSS laser stop working - just because of large amps for pumping diodes. Generally for direct diode lasers it allows mors output power, but for my Arctic at full power it just last like 2-3 seconds before battery stops it. I think it draws the current near the batt limit, so even warming batt in hand is not very sufficient in winter as the temperature just drops before switching it on. Not a problem in summer. However I'm glad for protection doing that, it just says me I need to warm laser more before use.