Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Enchanted Beams Thread

You have some very nice landscape where you live, ArcticDude. Second only to maybe where i live. :D I love the sun just over the horizon for still being able to see the landscape, yet also having the beam shots show as well. Interesting diffraction grating shots. Will you be getting into laser painting next?

You have some very nice landscape where you live, ArcticDude. Second only to maybe where i live. :D I love the sun just over the horizon for still being able to see the landscape, yet also having the beam shots show as well. Interesting diffraction grating shots. Will you be getting into laser painting next?

Thanks Paul! :thanks:

I don't know about laser painting, I could probably try it some time. but I think I'm more into "Star Geezing" or sun set painter. :D

I think there will be always landscapes in my fututre pictures too. Because thats where I'm living.
-All we have is forest and some more of forests, 187,888 lakes and then there is even more forests :D :D

I think 92% of land area is forest over here (if we don't count lakes).

Would love to see pictures of landscapes of yours!

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS
Yeah, I love the trees and the water too. I'll try to dig up some landscapes from around here for you to peruse. Except for not being in the Arctic, they may be quite similar.

Such wonderful imagery Articdude !
Love it.
I would love to visit places like this, it'd be a dream come true.

but I think I'm more into "Star Geezing" or sun set painter. :D

Would love to see pictures of landscapes of yours!
You'll have to try some astro shots my friend, maybe do some star trails and a beam shot.

I'll try to dig up some landscapes from around here for you to peruse. Except for not being in the Arctic, they may be quite similar.

Yes, I'd love to see some beautiful landscapes from you part of the world too Paul !

RB

:yh:

Few beamshots from last night..

After working hard with BobMc's RGB host I thought to take few days off and headed to our summer cottage. It was full moon rising and I climbed to high cliff on near by. I was hoping to shoot the full moon, but unfortunately surrounding lake was generating very dense mist and I couldnt get any good clear moon shots.

-But on the other hand I had great time with lasing around in that dense mist.
I took over 300 pictures on last night, here's just few of them :p

I have Darktable as my only Raw image processor on my laptop, I will re-process images when I get back to home where I have proper monitors which are calibrated.

_1170038.jpg

_1170065.jpg

_1170095.jpg

_1160983.jpg

n_1170135.jpg

BobMc

That some awesome scenery, to have a cottage up there awesome! A well deserved break. Enjoy your time up in that beautiful place. Awesome pics! :)

Last edited:

Radim

ArcticDude, you have to stop posting those pics. If these eye candies were made of sugar, I'm fat now to the stage I can't move and heart attack comes when trying to blink my eye (as too much fat is even there). :crackup:

And now seriously:
These are awesome (too much superlatives, so just "awesome" to sum them all) shots...
Under no circumstances stop. Post more and more... They are so appreciated. Such a beauty of beams, nature and light conditions creatively composed - that's really "me gusta" way of using lasers. ;) Thanks.

Edit: After reading your long day note, make sure you sleep enough, that's really difficult to spend day at work and night in the nature with lasers and that all multiple times in a row. That makes your work even more appreciated, but you know - health first of course.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for your kind words. :thanks:
I'm glad to hear you liked those images.

Aren't they:)
I'm favoring the last one where the WL is taking the color of the sky:beer:

That's my favourite too! It was quite spetacular looking IRL beacuse WL shift "effect" was caused by sunrise hitting in very low angle to beam path just right on top of the trees.
(Sun was rising from the left on this last picture 02:30 AM)

----
edit@Radim: Actually I slept few hours before I went shooting :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
More stunning photos AD, love them, that dense mist really sets the tone for these shots!
I'll go with your first photo (#1), with the mist shrouded moon. :yh:

Radim

Beautiful stuff, as always. I don't know we ever really had a limit on size, did we?

I think there is a rule. But honestly I break it. I use 1080 px (instagram inspired) as the largest dimension (width or height). I think 800×600 is insufficient for my artworks to show tiny details like interference patterns. My art is about complexity and details play crucial role as well as overall image. In deed any resolution bellow 6000×4000 is insufficient. That is maximum of my camera and even pixels matter -they represent elementary "quantum" data, where the sense of the artwork also is. In this deep zoom you might observe even dust and dirt in optics and sensor (maybe even tiny burns from lasers - damn, if there is any :D). Even this is part of the art. Not deffect, since photos are real and measuring aparatus matters as we know. Its part of the captured "reality slice" of the Surreal world. But I add higher resolution with largest dimension 2048 px (facebook high res inspired) as a link under click on pic usually. Just for better enjoynment.

I just want to say, use whatever resolution you need, but make it comfortable to view for your audience. ;)

Last edited: