Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

'Ello

MCQ

I guess I missed posting here when I created this count last year... :oops:

But anyway, Hi everyone!
My name is Ali (Ah-Lee not Allie, I happen to possess a Y chromosome:D), I live in the Metro Detroit region of Michigan. I'm currently a student and working part time in IT.

I own a 1.5W 445nm laser:cool: built by Blord, which I created this account to purchase back in 9/12 haha. After playing around with it for a while and reading around the forum and other sources I think I've got a fair handle on how it all works and am in the process of deciding what my first build will be.:thinking:

Edit: Before anyone asks, yes, I own safety glasses.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Start with cheap diodes if you don't know electronics well.

Laser diodes are sensitive devices that can be killed by electrostatic discharge, hot soldering iron (too much heat), badly designed drivers (spikes, higher current etc)...

Be sure to have goggles for the wavelength you are working at

Good luck, have a nice stay on LPF!

And always play safe...

MCQ

Thanks guys:yh:
Practicing my newfound soldering skills so I can try to fix my 445 :beer:

Hey, Ali... nice to see you here. Good luck with your future builds and be sure and share with the group pics and reviews of your work. Have fun and be safe... welcome to the forum!

Cheers!

IsaacT

Welcome to the forum. What is the issue with your 445?

MCQ

It stopped working a couple months ago, I finally got around to opening it up and found that the wiring for the switch was no longer in existence :wtf:.
Just finished fixing it though!!!!!:cool:
Looked up how to solder and went out and got myself an iron and supplies and spent a solid few hours on it and only kind of melted a couple things that weren't solder a little bit.
Here's the thread I started for that.
That was a blast hahaha, I think I have a new hobby.