Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Effect producing laser

Status
Not open for further replies.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
No problem :p
You have to give rep out to so many people before you can rep again. :)

Here are some cool things lasers can do:
Cooling
Propulsion
Ablation
Induced plasma channels
Ionisation
Weapons
Nuclear Fusion (In progress - NIF)
Tractor beam
Holograms
Bose-Einstein condensates
3D Scanning
3D Printing
Cutting
Welding

and the list could go on and on. .

A nice list.

Add a lot of medicine applications: eye treatments, wound healing.
Magic of laser spectroscopy.

Wind measurement.

Thanks. Didn't want to offend but its a serious inquisition on my part. Ill make a thread to introduce myself thank you. I have many ideas and projects, but am looking for a community of peers so i hope that information is available. Ill be updating on project progress as i explore.

Thanks. Didn't want to offend but its a serious inquisition on my part. Ill make a thread to introduce myself thank you. I have many ideas and projects, but am looking for a community of peers so i hope that information is available. Ill be updating on project progress as i explore.
Laser projects ?

You are welcome. Really seeing from your answers - try to study lasers here on LPF - you will get a lot of understanding, why laser radiation (light, UV and IR mostly) is so unique and might get you better insights. Regarding sound producing - sound is made by mechanical waves in some matter enviroment (air, water, concrete, steel...), therefore laser needs to affect this environment somehow. For example if I hit with my 3.5 W blue laser a piece of wood, I can clearly hear "ssss" sound as water boils in it. And the portals it was mentioned more like allegory - through art lets say you might open portals in your mind. ;)
Water producing laser? That seems a really kind of troll's question - but there exist water cutting machines - however these use high pressure water beam with some "sand" (or little metal balls or something like that) to cut, not lasers. Really get some knowledge about lasers, or you will be considered as trolling the forums.

I do understand what everyone is saying. But light as frequency and thats all sound is. The problem with most people on here is that they are too small/closed minded. Is it impractical to imagine a laser producing sound? Maybe! But if i wanted to hear the stuff non-technical basic people say i wouldn’t be on laser forums asking about this. As far as being a troll i am almost offended since this was a genuine question and also in the light that we would not have lasers if tesla didn’t believe they were possible. It has always been the ones that thought things were possible that made them possible. How can anyone achieve great feats if they think the feats are too hard. I asked on here because i believed there were more out of the box thinkers in this community but i guess not. Also, on the note of lasers producing materials, science shows that matter can come from light. Anyone opposed to this has not read far enough. I have been interested in the subject so yes i have done research as well and i dont believe in ‘impossible’ only limited belief. Your answers are not as helpful as i hoped but i thank you for your time and consideration anyway.

Apologies if I offended you Obeliskthdestroyer. Just know that you are not going to be opening up portals anytime soon with your lasers. You are correct in saying that we don't know everything about our physical world. And there are possibilities for things that we currently deem impossible. Do you still consider me as small minded? Because in fact I'm more open minded than most on certain topics.
No i should not suggest you are a small minded individual. I believe we will find more uses for laser beams in my lifetime. That being said, the technology to do anything exist, only we have not discovered or rediscovered it. There are plenty of sciences out there, which we have not stumbled upon, but that does not mean that we will not find them eventually, or that they don’t exist even now, just because we are not aware of them. Take, for example, electricity. Before electricity was discovered in harvest is still existed. We only had no means of using it. Simply put there are more science is out there in the same light that exists, but that we are not aware of as of yet.

Hopefully I hope you have heard of elementary particles. The particles these are the bits of matter that make the elements named on the "Periodic Table" of elements. Photons are not matter, therefore they cannot be used to build matter.
Actually, we cannot see what photons are made from. Therefore, you cannot say they are not used to build matter. Some of the more well established scientists have proposed that light was the first of substances, and that all things have come from light. Now, at this point, you’re already thinking that I’m crazy, which is fine. But I would remind you that light comes in many frequencies. Some of those frequencies have yet to be discovered, and some are not perceivable to our science. So, if we’re talking about visible light, maybe your statement has some validation. Although light “light“ may come in more forms that we know of today. Responding directly to his statement yes, I know of the elementary particles. I also know about quirks, dark matter and other things that comprise the makings of our universe, but let me add further, that my question was not necessarily directed to anyone without a mind able to perceive that things might be possible that are not yet possible. Thank you for your time and consideration at any rate.

Open portals?

A water producing laser? It is called a garden hose.

What inventions have not been invented? :crackup:

I smell a troll, also.

Go back to your video game world of make believe.
Your opinions you can keep to yourself since you are offensive in speech and obviously do not think outside of the box. You dont know how to open any kind of portal so how can younsay it is not possible? Sounds to me like you were taking yourself to be an expert on things you have no knowledge of. Instead of just saying you have no technical experience opening portals and therefore you have no idea if this is even possible or not, you make yourself try to sound intelligent good try. But your lack of understanding of my most basic question and you’re hilarious Attempt at an offensive remark shall be deemed subpar. Primarily I’d like to say, the inventor of lasers was told the same things that you have said to me here I’m sure you’re not familiar with Nikola Tesla, because you seem very uneducated. But he also invented many things, one of which was the laser which was thought to be impossible by the people of those times similar to how you think it is funny to imagine a whole being opened in space today. The fact that you asked if invention has been invented, makes it obvious that you have no clue that’s the level I am attempting to discuss is of a much higher degree than you are currently able to attempt. For the record, I am not a troll. I am an innovator the thinker. I dare to fathom a different outcome than what is known today which i see that is the highest level you have achieved. Sorry for you. Go back to your life of ‘limited possibilities’ where you are comfortable.

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Your opinions you can keep to yourself since you are offensive in speech and obviously do not think outside of the box. You dont know how to open any kind of portal so how can younsay it is not possible? Sounds to me like you were taking yourself to be an expert on things you have no knowledge of. Instead of just saying you have no technical experience opening portals and therefore you have no idea if this is even possible or not, you make yourself try to sound intelligent good try. But your lack of understanding of my most basic question and you’re hilarious Attempt at an offensive remark shall be deemed subpar. Primarily I’d like to say, the inventor of lasers was told the same things that you have said to me here I’m sure you’re not familiar with Nikola Tesla, because you seem very uneducated. But he also invented many things, one of which was the laser which was thought to be impossible by the people of those times similar to how you think it is funny to imagine a whole being opened in space today. The fact that you asked if invention has been invented, makes it obvious that you have no clue that’s the level I am attempting to discuss is of a much higher degree than you are currently able to attempt. For the record, I am not a troll. I am an innovator the thinker. I dare to fathom a different outcome than what is known today which i see that is the highest level you have achieved. Sorry for you. Go back to your life of ‘limited possibilities’ where you are comfortable.
Okay I need you to explain to me why you came back on this thread 6 years later just to stir up crap before I do something about this.

farbe2

Why is it always Tesla with the guys that have no clue about physics?
Always Tesla, another strange austrian that apparently did only good things.
Don't get me wrong, he theorized and build a few very nice things, however giving him the credit for lasers?

Just no! Lets give credit where its due:
Albert Einstein was the genius that theorized the stimulated emission concept over 40year prior to one (visible) being build by Theodore Maiman!
We could say that 6 years prior, history was made by a team of people including Charles Townes with them building the first Maser which is practically the same (or very similar) thing just invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.