Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Ebay $9 blu-ray pens: GREAT!

IsaacT

Can someone link to this listing? The listing posted by the OP is no longer going....I want to possibly get a couple from this guy who sells out of Baton Rouge but there are a billion of these listings on ebay and I keep getting ones that say Hong Kong as their location.

Thanks!

you can filter ebay search results by shipping location you know. Just click 'advance search'

Or search for the user 'itemquickship'

Weird. The shipping location also changed from USA to china as well. Plus it looks like he no longer has any of these pens up for sale on ebay.

actually looking at the auctions i've won from them, the listings have all been edited and the prices have doubled.

Last edited:
Weird. The shipping location also changed from USA to china as well. Plus it looks like he no longer has any of these pens up for sale on ebay.

actually looking at the auctions i've won from them, the listings have all been edited and the prices have doubled.

And so it ends.I saw some 10 dollar ones on ebay, but shipping was from china.
I am glad I bought when I did!
I was pointing the dot at my finger to illuminate some currency...in 3 seconds or so my fingertip got warm from the laser!Pretty serious power for 9 dollars!

wlaser still has them for $10 I believe. I'm not sure what kind of shipping they have though.

Well, I just checked back with itemquickship pens I purchased. My prices are the same but I too see none listed. I sent an inquiry to see if he is going to have them available in the future. Maybe he just ran out and won't advertise them till he has them in hand.
I hope!

That doesn't really explain him altering past listings and doubling the prices though. The whole thing just makes no sense.

Anaros

I got one while they where still sub $10 shipped and mine is pretty cool. I don't think it's all that powerful compared to some people in this thread have gotten but its a lot more than 5mw and I can see the beam at night which is nice.

IsaacT

Hey thanks so much for that link! I see you haven't introduced yourself yet so you should definitely do so in the Welcome section so that we can get to know you. Welcome to LPF!

I went with that shipper too for a couple. Woulds be nice to have a new source. I checked the previous ad and sure enough in my account the price is doubled from what I paid and shipping shows China now. No response from them yet on my inquiry.

The 405nm will fool you on visibility vs power to a green. I did make an IR Thermometer "LPM" and I can check my best 2 of 4 from LA to these coming and see if they are whatever. Same, worse, or better. You have to read the thread to understand why.
If someone has an actual calibrated LPM they could give accurate numbers. What I have can tell you a diff by % in comparison and thats abt it. I have none that are calibrated though so I have no baseline.

I took some long-exposure beamshots with my friend's camera...

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

Here is an over-exposure (5 min) of the laser compared to my (unfortunately) malfunctioning/dead Optotronics 150mW pointer... probably only outputting 5mW or so.

IMG_0443.jpg