Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX sells overspec lasers

These are two cases out of many others. It seems they usually sell underspec lasers, or way overspec lasers. If I buy a 5mw I want it 5mw you know?

Grix

Are you sure the green readings are not flawed by IR?

Without an IR filter in front of the LPM sensor... there is no way of really
knowing... unless the seller specifically states there is an IR filter installed...

The less expensive greens usually NO NOT have an IR filter...
hence the cheaper pricing...

Jerry

Let's not forget that almost ALL the chinese suppliers "200mW" reds are capable of easily surpassing that, either via luck of the draw or with the use of 3.6v batteries (which is what most people with rechargeables are using) ....

That reading on the green kinda floors me though, that's the absolute highest reading (IR or not) I've ever seen out of a standard 12mm module (and I've handled literally hundreds of them).

D

Deleted member 8382

There must be trick somewhere with the DX 200mW. Even using the TEC, 219mW is also the highest reading I've ever seen on a pen style green laser.

Also, don't even consider that there is a filter, 219mW of pure green is just imposible.

^ Full ACK. I know that there is a 300-500mW pump diode in the DX greenies , if one is outputting 200mW that would be EXTREMELY efficient , thats impossible...