Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX SD-303 200mW Review

The 303 I ordered from Fasttech ended up metering 120mW (total); about 30mW of that is IR. Not bad. The only issue it has is that it starts off TEM01 when cold and then hops to TEM00 when it warms up.

Nice!, maybe im wrong but judging by that beamshot and everything else u mention, seems not be just another ~50mW like most of the DX200mW's, so probably it is >100mW? :thinking:

P.S.: que bueno ver otro paisano por aqui we jaj, saludos! :beer:

Bro these sdlasers are cool I got the sdlaser 301 I think this is a 200mw laser that can go far

I got mine thru the Geek app. Seller Orient Seduction. It was 14 bux shipped.. It lasted 3 days, maybe an hour or so runtime, never on for more than 30 seconds or so at a time. Went bright, then dead. The driver still works, it will run my old pen green module. I've asked for a refund or replacement, will see. IF they want this one back, I'll just order another. Not cost effective to ship it back.

It was probably around 100 mw, would burn thru a black bag without being focused.

No elis

bad laser for you-

where are you??

need that to give good help

hak(in Texas)

hakzaw, was that question for me? I ask because u mentioned a bad laser. I've already contacted the people in China where I bought mine from.

no sir-
it was for 'elis' who posted under you- what was there did not make me want one-

but if/when you do get 'made whole' with replace or refund -that is NOT a bad thing-

but of course the best is a laser that does not fail.

have you tested for quality of the IR filter? .. assuming there is one-

that looks exactly like the laser that the guy they busted in NYC had-303 and green-

hew is in serious trouble. And even tho it was his friends laser neither one will see it again.

read all about that at laserpointersafety.com
Mar 3 or 9 incident at LaGuardia airport

I got mine thru the Geek app. Seller Orient Seduction. It was 14 bux shipped.. It lasted 3 days, maybe an hour or so runtime, never on for more than 30 seconds or so at a time. Went bright, then dead. The driver still works, it will run my old pen green module. I've asked for a refund or replacement, will see. IF they want this one back, I'll just order another. Not cost effective to ship it back.

It was probably around 100 mw, would burn thru a black bag without being focused.

I never observed anything other than TEM00,
o.png
:can:

He ix555 posted some nice pics BUT---- that thread is 5 years old so the prices and whatever may not NOW be the same as there were THEN

Last edited:
I heard about the airport situation. Why anyone would be so dumb as to do that I have no idea.. It's crazy.

So far the seller asked me to try another battery, and if that doesn't work he can send a new one. I explained that I have two new red "ultrafire 4000mah" batteries, both fully charged, and it would run on neither of the two, not even the telltale IR glow. IR filter, nonexistent. Just a small pill shaped lens with a small concave center both sides glued above the crystal to spread the beam to the collimating lens.

Prices, well on the Geek or Wish apps, anywhere from $5 to $30 for either a 301 or a 303, plus a couple bucks shipping.

I heard about the airport situation. Why anyone would be so dumb as to do that I have no idea.. It's crazy.

'So far the seller asked me to try another battery, and if that doesn't work he can send a new one. I explained that I have two new red "ultrafire 4000mah" batteries, both fully charged, and it would run on neither of the two, not even the telltale IR glow. IR filter, nonexistent. Just a small pill shaped lens with a small concave center both sides glued above the crystal to spread the beam to the collimating lens.
Glaserfan is offline Add to Glaserfan's Reputation Report Post

Prices, well on the Geek or Wish apps, anywhere from $5 to $30 for either a 301 or a 303, plus a couple bucks shipping.

^^ Glase-- see what I did here^^??
you have a double post less than 60 seconds apart= combine when you can unless there is a certain reason for a douible post-

len

Yea, I'm on mobile. It's rather a major PITA to edit, found that out with my typos, that's why I did that.

Things have definitely gotten more strict around here since I joined up.. Well except for me getting into a forum fight with Senkat because he threatened to find and physically hurt a teenager.... That got me banned for awhile. Still a bit sore about that.

But anyhow, that's why. No arguments here, at almost 42 years old I'm probably one of the older farts in here beyond all that lol. I'm usually pretty good at following rules on the forums. Except for a few that are like boot camp.. Which is nuts since thus is the Internet after all lol.

Back on track, I'm still researching 520nm. I get the funds racked up I will build one in that 303 host. After that, my target is a high power burner, either a 300mw or higher green or an insane 1w or more blue.

I recently received one of the DX SDLaser 303 Green laser pointers. With my LED flashlight 18650 battery it is extremely bright, even with the star pattern attachment. With the attachment removed, it is brighter than anything I've seen at about 50 ft. Not so sure about using it outside. Out of curiosity I measured current consumption with a Fluke 87 DVM and got the following readings: 18650 voltage was 3.865 with 0.432 Amps of current draw. If you do the math, and figure 20-30% efficiency of the laser diode (I think it has a laser diode) you get 300-500 mW output. Not sure about the IR component. This is all new to me, so I'm interested to see what others see in these figures. I'm limiting on time as I figure there isn't much of a heatsink.

This thread is old. The last post to it was three tears ago. Posting to old threads without adding new information is considered necro posting here and is highly frowned upon. I wouldn't do it again or you will start to see many red tiles under your reputation.