Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX Alternative Sites for US Buyers

I added the Romisen L-A030 to the list. Quality China Goods seems to have a lot of lasers that DX has.

FocalPrice has a lot of DX lookalikes so I added some with prices that undercut DX. I also added some more reviews.

but the 50mw bottle laser from FP is not TRUE. probably is a potmodded like the sku 12029 at DX

ideas

realista said:
but the 50mw bottle laser from FP is not TRUE. probably is a potmodded like the sku 12029 at DX
correct, got myself also one and it was 32mW at max :-/

hey boys.... but when we count the total power of mw..... we CANNOT know how is the true green.....the 60mw that jayrob reached.... could be visible green 40mw and 20 ir.....

a laser power meter measure also ir..... so i don't know how is good to measure a laser without ir filther..... and i don't know what could be the percentage of ir in a total mw poer. 4 example... a 50mw total.... if ir could be at MAX 40%....is 30 ir... so true green 30. do someone know the percentage ....?

just measure unit in a meter like a laserbee or kenometer then measure again in front of an i/r filter then deduct the amount -that should give you a round about number for the i/r

67-mw -no filter
62-mw after filter
5 mw ir approx---- :D

I hope this is correct i hate giving out wrong info

John Lawson said:
just measure unit in a meter like a laserbee or kenometer then measure again in front of an i/r filter then deduct the amount -that should give you a round about number for the i/r

67-mw -no filter
62-mw after filter
5 mw ir approx---- :D

I hope this is correct i hate giving out wrong info
That is pretty much correct, but you also have to take into account that the IR filter used for testing with a mteter will cut down the green emission by about ~5% or so (more or less depending on filter). So if a 67mW green laser measures 62mW after an IR filter is added, you can be pretty sure that the laser is IR filtered.

Thanks for the info styro, that 30mW kaleidoscope laser is a awesome price and a bang for the buck ;D

M

mr.lazo

Pretty keen!

Made a couple of purchases from that list immediately (as posted earlier, I hope you're getting something out of the sites for the business your sending their way).

Any ideas as to where one can find a good BR pointer that won't break the bank?
I've seen a few mass-production ones crop up on e-bay for under $90, so they have to be out there somewhere.

mr.lazo said:
Pretty keen!

Made a couple of purchases from that list immediately (as posted earlier, I hope you're getting something out of the sites for the business your sending their way).

I've seen a few mass-production ones crop up on e-bay for under $90, so they have to be out there somewhere.
I'm not getting anything out of this. ;D

The cheapest BRs you can buy will be from this forum's B/S/T section. There are a couple people selling BR lasers for awesome prices.

Great list, +1.

There's always Bestofferbuy, which is pretty much a second DX, but I'm not sure if they ship to the US or not...

randomlugia said:
Great list, +1.

There's always Bestofferbuy, which is pretty much a second DX, but I'm not sure if they ship to the US or not...
Thanks for the rep! Everybody stopped buying from Bestofferbuy because of their terrible customer service IIRC. If they were out of stock on a laser they would send a different one out and wouldn't give a refund to a buyer.

Ash

405nm pointer

Pretty keen!

Sweet lasers has an ~75mw one for $115. Looks decent.
http://www.sweetlasers.com/apps/webstore/products/show/551012
O-like has an ~80mw one for $128, and it's a pretty (ghey) color, too.
20094211961624291b.jpg

http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=947

Last edited: