Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DX 200mw Green Laser 18650

daguin

erns said:
My DX 200mw Green Laser 18650 doesn't work.
I tried to turn it on and nothing.
If I look down where the green laser is located all I can see is a dim red light.
I checked voaltage of the battery and it's good.
I contacted DX to see if I can send this back.

That "dim red dot" is Infra-Red light. Stop looking at it!

Peace,
dave

"Dim red light" is one of my favorite line's of the forum. makes me smile every time.

Benm

Yeah.. if you see how bright it looks to a digital camera, the danger is apparent ;)

erns

erns said:

If I look down where the green laser is located all I can see is a dim red light.

I checked voltage of the battery and it's good.

DX wanted me do a youtube video of the problem.

Here is the Link

drlava

Thanks for the closeups and the power graphs, and user comments everyone. Power graphs are what it's about, don't post a review without one! :)

erns said:
[quote author=erns link=1215095305/60#63 date=1221852023]

Here is the Link

[/quote]
just wanna make sure.. you did try a different battery right?

erns

mikeeey said:
[quote author=erns link=1215095305/60#67 date=1222306109][quote author=erns link=1215095305/60#63 date=1221852023]

Here is the Link

[/quote]
just wanna make sure.. you did try a different battery right?[/quote]

I tried different batteries and checked the voltages.

Now DX wants me to have the laser fixed locally.

It seems DX is making it hard for me to get another laser. First thing was to take sone pictures. Then post a video on youtube. Now have the laser fixed locally. I just want to send it back and have the manufacture fix it or send me another one.  :mad:

I don't see a need for the pictures and video. It's a very straight forward problem. Push the button and the laser doesn't work.

DX has a place to send returns located in Florida, but if you do that, then you have the U.S.A. F.D.A. Laws to contend with. I'd say you're between a rock & a hard place. ;) (almost typed hard-on) ;D ;D ;D YAAAAAY POST NUMBER THREE HUNDRED ;) 300 like the tiny band of SPARTANS against THOUSANDS of PERSIANS. 300 :)300 ;)300 ;D300 :eek:300 :cool:300 :-?What the heck am I doin', Guess the 300 got to me a little bit too much :-? :-? :-?

erns

mikeeey said:
fixed locally??
how?

I questioned that. Who locally has the knowledge and parts to fix the laser.

I told DX if the laser could be fixed locally the bill would probably cost just as much as new laser.

DX finally told me I can go ahead and send it to their Florida location. Today I sent it Florida and once they receive it another laser will be sent to me.

This is the second time I has to send something back to Florida for a refund. Both times it's like "pulling teeth". All the emails sent back and forth just to send something back.

phoenix77 said:
DX has a place to send returns located in Florida, but if you do that, then you have the U.S.A. F.D.A. Laws to contend with. I'd say you're between a rock & a hard place. ;) (almost typed hard-on) ;D ;D ;D YAAAAAY  POST NUMBER THREE HUNDRED ;) 300 like the tiny band of SPARTANS against  THOUSANDS of PERSIANS. 300 :)300 ;)300 ;D300 :eek:300 :cool:300 :-?What the heck am I doin', Guess the 300 got to me a little bit too much :-? :-? :-?
haha yeah everyone's seen 300. good job for your 300ness!
is sending to Florida really what "fixed locally" means?

erns

DX sent me another email. They said this.

"United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only.

Important FDA Warning for all >5mW Lasers: FDA advices all customers that these lasers may be purchased only if you are NOT a citizen of the United States and you are NOT currently living in the United States."

I asked and received my refund for the laser.

lol that sucks...
I believe KD will still sell you their baton style laser.

erns

mikeeey said:
lol that sucks...
I believe KD will still sell you their baton style laser.

Yes I checked KD's site and they will sell the same laser for you. It's even cheaper than what I paid.

I don't see anything about not selling lasers to the USA by the FDA and paypal on the same style laser.

I'm not sure I want another 200mw Green Laser 18650 because of the "quality" issues. I don't want to go through all the hassles of trying to return it.