Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dual resonant solid state tesla coil

Things

Well, my scanner really needs a new green upgrade, so I need to gather some funds. I didn't really want to have to sell this, as it's such a beautiful bit of work, but it rarely gets used, so I might as well let someone else enjoy it.

I mentioned in the listing I don't really want to ship overseas, however if you are willing to cover the postage I will consider it.

You can find the rest of the information on it in the listing, no point reposting it :)

Dual Resonant Solid State Tesla Coil - Complete Working (eBay item 180610513537 end time 16-Jan-11 22:26:29 AEDST) : Lots More...

Cheers,
Dan

ped

Thats a beauty , built a few meself, not DRSST's but either SGTC's or jusr SSTC's. If i was in AUSi'd bite your hand off. Good luck with the sale, though at that price i dont think you'll need luck :)

Things

Makes me wonder if I have it there too cheap, however since no one really ever sells complete coils on eBay, I haven't a clue what I could sell it for or what its worth.

5kg(Coil is probably a bit less than this, but to be safe) shipping to the US would be about $100, I'm willing to ship it there if anyone is willing to pay that much shipping, but I doubt it, $100 is a lot :(

Rich Z

Makes me wonder if I have it there too cheap, however since no one really ever sells complete coils on eBay, I haven't a clue what I could sell it for or what its worth.

5kg(Coil is probably a bit less than this, but to be safe) shipping to the US would be about $100, I'm willing to ship it there if anyone is willing to pay that much shipping, but I doubt it, $100 is a lot :(

Darn! Nice piece of work! If this were in the states, I'd be raping my PayPal account right now to get it. Wouldn't even mind paying $100 shipping, but I doubt it would survive the trip undamaged from AU to USA.

Good luck with the sale!

Things

If you really want it, I can package it up really well and see how much it'd cost to ship. It's pretty damn sturdy, I doubt it'd get damaged in shipping. I have a heap of packaging material left from my CO2 laser tube :D

That is a nice looking coil and for the very reason you don't see them to often I think you have
it priced a bit low, If we lived in the same country I would give you that in a heartbeat "D

Things

Well, you can always buy the kit and assemble one yourself ;)

The pop up on eBay every so often. Haven't seen them in a little while, though I remember seeing the kit for this coil on eBay over 3 years ago, I only bought it last year, so they'll stick around.

Rich Z

If you really want it, I can package it up really well and see how much it'd cost to ship. It's pretty damn sturdy, I doubt it'd get damaged in shipping. I have a heap of packaging material left from my CO2 laser tube :D

Yeah, I wish, but I've seen UPS and the like DESTROY things you would never think they could.

I've actually got a small Tesla in my workroom somewhere that I built MANY moons ago. At least I think it's still there.....

Seriously I wish I had as much confidence in shipping as you do. But I looked at your pics and could see that transformer and caps being ripped off the circuit board easily. I had a computer shipped back for warranty repairs, and when it came back to me, little noticeable damage to the box, but the hard drive cage was rattling around loose in the case. UPS had to have dropped it from at least 6 foot to do that damage.