Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dual beam diode

Pman

Has anyone seen these yet?

Mitsubishi 638nm 2.5W red laser diode/double laser beam
14344202401.jpg

They can be purchased here:
Mitsubishi 638nm 2.5W red laser diode/double laser beam [OL-M-2.5W] - $129.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Last edited:

There are a few threads on it, but I haven't seen any that cheap anywhere!

Pman

Yeah, I know I had read some things but didn't realize they were going mainstream and at that kind of $. Was shocked to find them there. They keep adding things. Lots of drivers and I also saw an 8 diode blue array. Just happened to be helping someone out and took a look around and did a double take.

APEX1

They look so bad ass. I've see a few threads on these diodes, pado's thread is the best info you will find on these I think.

Pman

I knew I had seen things but I don't remember seeing them available with a price like this. Did the other threads show that O-Like was selling them for $129? My main purpose was to make others aware of where I had found them and how much. Maybe I should have added this to a thread already started but I was kind of shocked at finding them there. The Ebay ones still show $350. You can buy 3 of these for the Ebay price;)

Last edited:
What kind of lens or optics would you get the beams back together and take out the awful divergence?

Pman

I may not have the $ for one but this is the kind of price more members can work with and it would be nice to see some builds. Pretty unique to add to someones collection and I would definitely be jumping on it if I could.

diachi

You couldn't use a cylindrical optics right at the diode head?

I'd use a beam expander to make the beams parallel and then knife edge or PBS them into a single beam, then you could telescope and correct the beam some if you wanted a nicer, tighter beam. After all that though you need to wonder, with all those losses would it be worth it?

I'd use a beam expander to make the beams parallel and then knife edge or PBS them into a single beam, then you could telescope and correct the beam some if you wanted a nicer, tighter beam. After all that though you need to wonder, with all those losses would it be worth it?
Naah. Like the devil's tongue effect better

Pman

I think I would like it as is for the novelty.