Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DTR projector optics

Just ordered a couple of the projector optic units from DTR, has anyone ordered one of these? Any useful stuff here?

Last edited:

sure- a real bargain-
a slew of lenses & one or more FSMirrors
two large (enough to cut) dichros for combining RGB
I make two additional openings for the R and B and use the kasio optic train sans optics aside from the dichros
this is a crude way to combine RG & B BUT for things like spiro- tunnel exf- liquid sky etc they work great small grouping but not perfect white dot. all the lenses are barely glued in place- be careful of the dichros if you want them to stay in place while harvesting the lenses.

have fun!!

Just remember to wear those safety glasses when experimenting, I know I sound like a broken record, but accidental reflections with dicros happen easily.
:beer:

Just remember to wear those safety glasses when experimenting, I know I sound like a broken record, but accidental reflections with dicros happen easily.
:beer:

very true- I try to call them Dichro Mirrors-

so they reflect just like a mirror.
alignment- and near focus adjusting cannot be done w/o protection- BUT it CAN and should be done at reduced power whenever possible and that combined with proper OD and wavelength make it all safer.(we hope)

The metal casing is magnesium too, so you can have a little extra fun with that. You can toss it (the casing after the optics are removed of course :D) into a fire and have a good show.

Pman

Didn't realize that. Not sure if I kept the housings. I'll have to look. Mg. can be fun:)

I just purchased a few of these from Jordan with my last order. I sure do love tearing things apart :D.

Pman

Does anyone else have an issue on his site on certain pages having images cut off? Doesn't matter whether I pick mobile of desktop on my phone I have this problem. Doesn't matter which way I hold my phone either. It's not an issue on my actual desktop.