Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Drop-in laser module - P60

SHIN

Hi. All:yh:

I was once a flashaholic and addicted in laser beam now.
So I have collected and made a lot of flashlight.

I started making my laser DIY and mod, these days.
One day I'd like to make P60 style drop-in laser module.

P60 is a well known flashlight module and its size is standardized. There are many compatible host of variable design and battery combination. (even battery extention tube) Therefore I can use any driver, any combination of battery and can change host easily for duration of usage, design..and so on.

I have made and collected flashlight-P60 modules already. Today I add laser-P60 into my collection.:beer:

Thanks for the advices of many generous members to help DIY.
And thanks for sharing many experience.;)

SHIN
---------------
Laser and beam is a concealed masculine desire.........I think.

Attachments

• aixiz-p60.JPG
    aixiz-p60.JPG
    298.8 KB · Views: 1,954
  • aixiz-p60-.JPG
    aixiz-p60-.JPG
    283.2 KB · Views: 1,485
  • aixiz&green.JPG
    aixiz&green.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 941
  • aixiz&green-.JPG
    aixiz&green-.JPG
    309.3 KB · Views: 726
  • green-no-need-board.JPG
    green-no-need-board.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 684
  • leftmost-LEDp60.JPG
    leftmost-LEDp60.JPG
    350.7 KB · Views: 639
  • host-18650-2x16340.JPG
    host-18650-2x16340.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 1,372
  • 18650-16340-14500-2x16340.JPG
    18650-16340-14500-2x16340.JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 928
Reactions: mfo

looks nice :) but can i ask u where u got that black shiny one in picture nr7 from?? i could go search dx or w/e but would take to long if i dont know its name and asking is more easy :p

mfo

Even though SHIN only has 18 posts, it's pretty safe to assume that he's pretty hard core. + Rep to you shin!

SHIN

Hi. jeffd.
Thanks.

Hi. nikokapo.
Thanks.
I planned and designed them. But they were machined by my 2nd younger brother, a engineer of robot company. Because I am not a engineer, nor have much electrnic knowledge, I frequently ask him, good boy.

Hi. T_Warne.
Thank you.

Hi. mfo.
Nice to see you. And thank you for the rep. ;)

SHIN

NLPQ

this is soooooo legit! i love it, i recently contacted a member on here to see if i could get something like this made for my z2L so i could drop it in and out so i could also use my led bulb still. you nailed it man i have several surefire lights including the 6p. are you planning on making more of these???

-Evan

Hi. jeffd.
Thanks.

Hi. nikokapo.
Thanks.
I planned and designed them. But they were machined by my 2nd younger brother, a engineer of robot company. Because I am not a engineer, nor have much electrnic knowledge, I frequently ask him, good boy.

Hi. T_Warne.
Thank you.

Hi. mfo.
Nice to see you. And thank you for the rep. ;)

SHIN

Shin, if your brother is willing (and has time) to do some machining work to sell on LPF you could have lots of sales seeing the awesome innovation you got there!

NLPQ

yeah that is kind of what i was implying, while also giving a big shout out to shin on making this awesome laser.

Kenom

As well as other places like CPF. Probably a few people over there would love to get their hands on a drop in laser module for their favorite flashlight.

SHIN

Hi. NLPQ.
I appreciate your encourage. Thank you very much.

Hi. nikokapo.
My brother is busy these days, and he hesitates. As far as I can, I ask him repeatedly next time. We both have no experience.

Hi. kenom.
Thank you.

I finally finished three P60.- LOC 440mA, BH08 345mA, Green 200mW

SHIN

Attachments

• completed 3 color.JPG
    completed 3 color.JPG
    318.6 KB · Views: 1,030
Bumping this to say props to shin for some awesome sinks, and to inquire if anybody has any plans on making a P60 sink soon. Come on, folks, do you realize how much money you could be making?!? I know nothing about what a heatsink needs to be able to incorporate, short of obviously a place for the diode and something to screw in a lens. Perhaps a sink that interfaces nice and tight with an aixiz or has threads that the aixiz lens nut fits?

But on the practical side: imagine, if you will, all the nerds who like flashlights. Now what if you told them you can make a laser that will fit into your expensive p60 host and you'd end up with a high-power laser in a well-sinked host with a great powersource (usually 18650's, 17670's, or 2x123's).

"Ok," you say, "but there can't be that many people with p60 style flashlights..."
To that, I say have a look at cpf. No need to say more.
"Point taken," you'll say. "So quite a few people like surefire stuff. But there aren't that many nerds that want lasers if they're interested in flashlights!"
To this, I will add that there are people who like to put their flashlights on guns. Now, imagine you offer someone a laser for their gun that fits in their flashlight. They already have flashlight, batteries, and gunmount, but now they can have a laser too?!? (ok, so aiming the laser might be tricky. That's their problem. They have guns, they better be good at aiming)

I dunno, just putting the idea out there. If I were good at metalworking, I'd keep it to myself...