Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragonlasers or Optotronics??

Which laser is better???

• Total voters
Hello, will you help the stupid newb (Me) decide on which laser to get?
Should i get an RPL-260, or a Hulk Ultra 300???:thinking:

D

Deleted member 8382

optotronics,optotronics,optotronics, and optotronics.

Jaseth

Optotronics are always extremely good, DL are usually quite good.
No way I would buy DL.

because optotronics has great customer service and the power of their lasers are verified and their lasers are top quality and they are located in U.S

Jaseth

To list a few things:
-BRILLIANT customer support.. Jack is known for going through a lot of trouble to make the customer happy. He replies very fast.
-Fantastic guaranteed high quality high output lasers. Sturdy, nice design. Stable output which is usually quite a bit higher than advertised.
-They check every single laser they send out for power, stability, beam diameter, divergence, beam roundness and several other things. They never send out one which does not fully satisfy their tests.
-They are way cheaper than many other companies. Probably the best prices there are for high quality lasers.
-They have an upgrade policy meaning you can send in your old laser to get a huge discount on a more powerful one. Here jayrob got 80% of the original value of his RPL 350 off when buying the RPL 375 by sending in this one year old RPL 350.

Last edited:
Optotronics hold there mw spec so well, they test them for a whole minute at the rated power of the laser. John Lawson's RPL 300 peaks at 450mw for about 20-30 seconds i think. Also they use a 2.5 Watt IR pump diode in all there lasers.

Just to throw a monkeywrench in the gears, don't forget LASERGLOW, incredible, class-leading quality, overspec like noone else (my Herc 350 peaks at over 500mW) and Justin has always been great with answering questions, customer service, etc - You may wish to check out their wares....

Should point out now that there isn't anything wrong with Dragon Lasers, they do sell good products. It's just that Optotronics is better :)