Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragonlasers beam expander video

Herewith annexed are two pictures of the new DL beam expander (just arrived ;D), fitted on the Viper 95 mW GW!

Attachments

• DLBE-1.jpg
    DLBE-1.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 310

Don't show us the beam expander ya nob! Show us BEAM PICS [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Murudai said:
Don't show us the beam expander ya nob! Show us BEAM PICS [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

But if you are going to show us your expander attached you could show us how it is attached. And when you finally do show beam pics don't show us pics of the beam in your house, do it outside with distance

The first test of the beam expander, fitted on the DL 95 mW has been awesome: after a careful focusing, I have been able to light up a match within four seconds at a distance of 90 inches. ;D ;D ;D

FrancoRob said:
TI have been able to light up a match within four seconds at a distance of 90 inches. ;D ;D ;D

Whoa, what? Pull the other one...

Can you tell if there's a significant power loss, like um, does it look less bright?

steve001 said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1216741151/20#33 date=1217852112]Don't show us the beam expander ya nob! Show us BEAM PICS  [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

But if you are going to show us your expander attached you could show us how it is attached. And when you finally do show beam pics don't show us pics of the beam in your house, do it outside with distance[/quote]

Hi Seeve001, the beam expander is attached to the Viper exactly as described in the DL movie: you have to remove the front frame from the laser and replace it with the proper adapter (DL manufacures adapters for Viper, Aurora and Spartan serie lasers); anyway I'll try to make more pictures showing the procedure.

Your second question will need more time :), as I live at the sixth floor of a building in the center of a small town, here in Italy.....

FireMyLaser said:
Can you tell if there's a significant power loss, like um, does it look less bright?

At a first visual analysis, the beam looks to have a dia. of about 5 mm and less bright when seen without the BE, anyway I'll spend the afternoon making some additional checks, like measuring the output power with my LaserBee I power meter.....

Hmm nice, I have the Viper 75. Only thing that I did thing is the expender for the Viper looks absolutely ridiculous. Nether the less I think I will be buying pretty soon.

Murudai said:
[quote author=FrancoRob link=1216741151/20#35 date=1217852567]TI have been able to light up a match within four seconds at a distance of 90 inches. ;D ;D ;D

Whoa, what? Pull the other one...[/quote]

Well, according to your request I have made a second test: three matches at 91 inches, as you can see by this further pict.; I have to correct my first result: each match lighted up within two seconds exposure (I focused more carefully using the grey box on the left... ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• DLBE-2.jpg
    DLBE-2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 168
lamborgini8 said:
Hmm nice, I have the Viper 75. Only thing that I did thing is the expender for the Viper looks absolutely ridiculous. Nether the less I think I will be buying pretty soon.

Yeah, you're right from an aesthetic point of view, but with such a result.... taking into account of the price and of the fact that you can fit this BE on three different laser types only changing the adapter....

Looks good, can you tell me what size the threads are that the mount/adapter screws onto, 1 inch c-mount is usually standard ( 25 mm )
on the back of the lens, take a ruler if you can, approximate with a ruler would be fine; Thanks!

Pictures look great, good job.

I think you should do some tests with your DX red too. I know it doesn't fit, but anyway. One thing is certain, the beam will be VERY fat, but also super low divergence. :cool:

Murudai said:
Don't show us the beam expander ya nob! Show us BEAM PICS  [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

Ok, ok, here is the picture: I had to increase the sensibility of the camera and put half down the window courtains to show the beam at "natural" (my window is positioned toward west, and the sun was just shining thru the clouds into my room).

Attachments

• P1010616a.jpg
    P1010616a.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 164
electron said:
Looks good, can you tell me what size the threads are that the mount/adapter screws onto, 1 inch c-mount is usually standard ( 25 mm )
on the back of the lens, take a ruler if you can, approximate with a ruler would be fine; Thanks!

Pictures look great, good job.

The threads external diameter of the BE (that is, the part which fit to the adapter) is 21.8 mm

Now i'd like an adapter for the Nova Alpha lasers. I've shone my green laser through my 30x50 spotting scope for long range targeting. The beam enters at ~1mm dia and exits at 50 mm dia. It does significantly increase the range for targeting.