Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers 589nm 50mw Handheld

I was unaware of the "coupon" situation, but if we end up having access to a discount on the BE, I plan on using it.

I see the list on page one has some updates for people interested in BE. I didn't provide you with the cost of this when I paid in full on 6/20, so please let me know how to proceed. (also, my name isn't updated)

Have an awesome weekend, y'all!

/c

My last post pretty much explains it. No money to me for the BE's, it is purchased directly from DL by you using your account, upgraded to Silver, and with a coupon code I will supply soon. Code earns you an additional 10% off. They ship from different locations so they could not be included with this deal. He told me shipping on the BE's would be free as well.

Also, anyone who has paid the full balance up front (three of you I believe) will certainly be first in line to receive one of the lasers in the first batch. The remaining will be sent in the order I receive payment. So half of the participants will be getting theirs about a week after the other half. It appears he is sending the remaining stock on hand and will drop ship the the others from point of manufacture. If I had to guess, Adam probably works in an office that is removed from the merchandise sold by DL, just a hunch.

I will get the coupon code out to everyone who has requested one tonight.

JM

I don't need the coupon code, so any one that wants it...

I will also be sending my payment in by tonight.

Yes, the top of the page. You'll need the $5 adapter to go with it for the Spatan host.

The coupon totals about $35. You'll get your membership discount and an additional 10% (about $9) off, plus you'll get free shipping. I don't think it will show as a 10% discount with free shipping however. If I understand correctly, they can't do a coupon that does both at the same time so he calculated shipping and the 10% and just made it a flat $35 discount (it may be a little more or less). This would be the same as if the system could do both.

Also, once the code is entered you must complete the purchase at that time. If you don't, the system will still subtract one coupon use from the 11. That means one person could log on, use the code, get a total, then log out before paying, log back on and repeat this process 11 times and all the coupon would be used up.

So, of somehow one of you enters the coupon code and doesn't complete the purchase, please let me know. I could ask him to reset it but really don't want to have to trouble Adam more than necessary.

I've been crazy busy at work and didn't have time last night to review who all wanted the code at this point, so I didn't send them to each of you yet. I should be able to get to it today, at least the ones that are readily on the list. There are a few others who have PM'd me and I need to go back through the hundreds, it seems, of PMs to find the rest of you and get the code to you as well.

Thanks for your patience with this.
JM

I sent the money to cover the rest of my laser and shipping.

I hope I paid in time to get one of the first shipments of lasers :drool:

I will need it shipped to a different address than what I originally emailed you. I put the address in the message area for the PP payment.

Last edited:
Just a heads up for group buy participants that are purchasing the Beam Expander as part of the group discount, the total for the expander and the Spartan adapter (including shipping) comes to US$82.96.

Adam was quick to upgrade my account to Silver as GB member and the coupon code provided a significant discount that was offset by the $26 shipping option (the only choice). Overall, this is a great deal and I highly recommend that you take advantage of it if you are ordering a unit in this GB.

Thanks again, Jeff. I'm really looking forward to the 589.

Cheers,
Clayton

Last edited:
another thing to consider for those buying the beam expander and Spartan adapter. (Spartan adapter in background under universal adapter)

Dragon Lasers has a "universal adapter" that is also $5 and can be used on other lasers.

IMG_20140304_130443_662.jpg

Might be worth throwing in the cart for 5 bucks (if they let you) because it could fit other lasers in your collection.

IMG_20140304_133740_880.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Just finished a pretty brutal 8 day run of shifts and just got home a few hours ago. I've received several payments via PayPal and one MO I believe to date. I believe the first half dozen that will be here soon are completely paid for. At this very moment I don't know exactly which of you will be included in the first batch shipped but it will be the first ones payment was received from in the order received. There were a couple of you who paid in full up front and you will of course be included in the first batch. I have not received any shipping updates on the second batch yet and didn't expect to quite yet. It will probably be mid to end of this week. If I have not heard anything from Adam by Wednesday I will email and ask what's up.

There was one person asking about priority shipping, I believe to try to get this laser before July 4th. Unless I receive them tomorrow it is doubtful anything but overnight will work. I will attempt to figure out which of you are going to be in the first batch later tonight of first thing in the morning and post that list ASAP. I'm beat right now and need to crash so if I can't just quickly figure it out from my PayPal account summary page quickly it won't be until tomorrow.

If they do arrive on Wednesday and you are willing to pay overnight shipping then let me know. If tomorrow then you may want to check and see what 2-day costs from 73507 and let me know if you want to upgrade. I should have time to run a batch tomorrow if they arrive early enough.

To everyone who's paid in full, thanks for being so timely. So far this has been smooth as silk, let's pray it continues that way.

Cheer!
JM

Ok, that was easier than I thought it might be. The first five to be included in the first shipment are:
Jnhowett
Starlight
ChaosLord
Kaphn8d
Brucemir

These either paid up front or got their balance in shortly after I made the wire transfer.

Also, two of you sent $390 as payment through regular PayPal (not gift) and it ended up being shy about $4.61 of the total. I'm not trying to split hairs here but what everyone doesn't know is I ate a $38 bank transfer fee for the international wire. My bank gives me free wire transfers on interstate transfers but only credits me the amount of this fee towards an international transfer. I forgot about this extra $38 until I made the wire so I didn't include it in the cost. I'm not asking anyone to help either, it was my mistake. So, it would be nice to recoup everything else if and when I can.

If one of the five above wants to give up their spot on the first batch to be shipped so someone else can go in front of them just let me know and I will put #6 to pay in your place. Somehow I sense this won't be a PM I will be receiving tonight.....

Of you have any questions please email or PM me, I'm going to bed now so any response will be sometime after I awake from the coma I am about to slip into....

Good night,
JM

RayJay

Also, Once more, If there is anyone that wants to sell their deposit/place to me let me know.

Thanks!

Just an update, nothing arrived today. Last day before the holiday weekend. Sorry guys but it looks like we will be waiting until Monday. Does anyone know if DHL operates on Saturday's, particularly on holiday weekends? I will of course be checking for deliveries Saturday, but I don't think USPS runs this Saturday. If it does and the lasers arrive Saturday I will make it a point to mail them. Otherwise I suspect it will be Monday.

Just an update, nothing arrived today. Last day before the holiday weekend. Sorry guys but it looks like we will be waiting until Monday. Does anyone know if DHL operates on Saturday's, particularly on holiday weekends? I will of course be checking for deliveries Saturday, but I don't think USPS runs this Saturday. If it does and the lasers arrive Saturday I will make it a point to mail them. Otherwise I suspect it will be Monday.

Yes Jmillerdoc, DHL DOES do Saturday deliveries. Downside is, this service costs an extra fee and must be chosen before the packages are even shipped out.

-Alex

Last edited:
Also, two of you sent $390 as payment through regular PayPal (not gift) and it ended up being shy about $4.61 of the total.

Don't know if that was me or not since I can't recall how I sent the money, but I just sent you another $5 (via gift) just in case. If I was one of the shorts, I'm truly sorry as that clearly was not intended. If not, just put the $ toward the 38.

Have a great weekend!

/c

The tracking number should help determine the delivery day. What does it say?

Could you please provide tracking numbers for the group participants when you send them to us? Thanks again

I also sent some extra money yesterday to cover unforseen fees.

Enjoy the weekend everyone :)

Last edited: