Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers 1W Spartan

I LOVED the Spartan until i gave it away to my friend cause he was an aeronautical engineer major :)

I love the Spartan too, but I hate that it doesn't have a lens cap to keep particles out during use.

I love the Spartan too, but I hate that it doesn't have a lens cap to keep particles out during use.

Make one for it with That Black Electrical Tape. Put the tape upside down and make a cap on the spartan. Have the non sticky side ageist the spartan. Go around the whole thing 2-4 times and then put a criss cross over the lens 2-3 times. And then after you made the cap (Make sure you cover all the spartan so the next layer wont have any sticky side touching the laser) add another layer (don't over lap your 1st layer and get the sticky side past the edge of the cap) On top with it normal so the tapes sticky to sticky. Cover all the sticky side of the 1st layer. I'd do the criss cross over the lens 1st then go around the out side 2 times to hold it all together. Then just trim it up and you got a dust cap for when it's in your pocket

Last edited:

Static

Ordered mine on Feb 27th. Got the order confirmation on March 2nd, then the next update was on March 5th - Foreign Dispatch or something. Been stuck there since then :undecided: idunno if its shipping path to the US (Colorado) went through where the recent Japan-rape tsunami hit or not but if so...hopefully it's not in the ocean right now =(

I also ordered a diffraction grating that does a grid, but one thing I'm curious about though is this: I know that pointing the dot at a wall or something and looking at that dot w/o glasses will destroy your eyes, but through a diffraction matrix how harmful is it?

X FLY

Ordered mine on Feb 27th. Got the order confirmation on March 2nd, then the next update was on March 5th - Foreign Dispatch or something. Been stuck there since then :undecided: idunno if its shipping path to the US (Colorado) went through where the recent Japan-rape tsunami hit or not but if so...hopefully it's not in the ocean right now =(

I also ordered a diffraction grating that does a grid, but one thing I'm curious about though is this: I know that pointing the dot at a wall or something and looking at that dot w/o glasses will destroy your eyes, but through a diffraction matrix how harmful is it?

It's still extremely dangerous if you get a direct hit in the eye and remember that the difraction gratings act like mirrors too. Some off the light will get reflected back off. Also afaik DragonLasers never uses a path that goes through Japan so your laser should be on its way :)

Static

It's still extremely dangerous if you get a direct hit in the eye and remember that the difraction gratings act like mirrors too. Some off the light will get reflected back off. Also afaik DragonLasers never uses a path that goes through Japan so your laser should be on its way :)
Cool. Although after reading your review (yours was actually the one that convinced me to get this one) and seeing the shipping screenshot I see that yours was only in customs for like...a day. Oh well.

When I get it I'll toss up what I've really been interested in though - side beam shots from a large distance, like pointing it into the sky after a fireworks show with lots of smoke in the air, and seeing how visible it is at a 90 degree angle from the beam 800 feet below. My old <5mW green laser was enough to get into the newspaper in my town so I'm excited for what this will show as :)

X FLY

Cool. Although after reading your review (yours was actually the one that convinced me to get this one) and seeing the shipping screenshot I see that yours was only in customs for like...a day. Oh well.

When I get it I'll toss up what I've really been interested in though - side beam shots from a large distance, like pointing it into the sky after a fireworks show with lots of smoke in the air, and seeing how visible it is at a 90 degree angle from the beam 800 feet below. My old <5mW green laser was enough to get into the newspaper in my town so I'm excited for what this will show as :)

I actually tried that at a very humid day over a field (had so thick fog that you couldn't even see 100m away) and it was MAD :D Both with my fan and matrix gratings. But sadly I didn't have my phone with me and my little bro's phone couldn't take any decent pics (the lines were barely visible on the camera :().

Last edited:

Jaxz

Hey guys, i just ordered one from dragon lasers(with safety Goggles). I just wanted to know does it come with batteries? If not would these Combo Kit: 6 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger Tenergy 39003 work good? I want to be prepared lol
Those are fine.they work great. But why don't you tru those blue Tenergys? They have 900mAh compare to the yellow ones which only has 750mAh. The blue ones should give youy a longer run time.... :)

X FLY

Hey guys, i just ordered one from dragon lasers(with safety Goggles). I just wanted to know does it come with batteries? If not would these Combo Kit: 6 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh LiFePO4 Rechargeable Batteries with a Smart Charger Tenergy 39003 work good? I want to be prepared lol

Those are probably the best batteries you can get for the Spartan (I have them too). DO NOT BUY the 900mAh ones they will damage your Spartan because they are not true 3.0v batteries just 3.7-4.2v LI-ion batteries regulated to 3.0v (so everytime you turn on your laser for a short period of time there will be a voltage spike upto 4.2v). LaserLight also tested these to last the shortest and overall be the worst possible "3.0v" batteries for the Spartan (just read his review for more, page 1).

X FLY

Those are fine.they work great. But why don't you tru those blue Tenergys? They have 900mAh compare to the yellow ones which only has 750mAh. The blue ones should give youy a longer run time.... :)

Did you read the first page of this post (the actual review)?..

Last edited:

Jaxz

Lol the thread you are posting in :p click --> #1

I see. The one in the review is pale green in colour. The one I saw in batteryjunction.com is blue with white. Lmk if they are the same our different.

X FLY

They should be the same battery just the one in the review has the older print on it.