Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dragon Lasers 1W Spartan

I´ve tested several different CR123 batts, these are definitively the best for the price, plus they have a bit more voltage than other 3.0V CR123 batts.

but more voltage = more heat = not good for the laser

I´ve talked to CNI (the laser´s producer), these batteries I´ve linked above are working with the Spartan.

But i would not take this batteries ... they have only 350 mAh:crackup:
Their capicaty is nothing to the conrad batteries

DJNY

But i would not take this batteries ... they have only 350 mAh:crackup:
Their capicaty is nothing to the conrad batteries

You´ve tested the Conrad batteries, the capicaty for example?

The set I´ve linked is less than half of the Conrad-Set price.

I bet that the Spartan runs better with the LifePo batts!

You´ve tested the Conrad batteries, the capicaty for example?

The set I´ve linked is less than half of the Conrad-Set price.

I bet that the Spartan runs better with the LifePo batts!

The price is not important for me

I WANT QUALITY

And i tested it , the batteries time on the spartan are 20-25 min = great

P.S I only charged them 1 time ... if they are more charged they will be better ^^

X FLY

Hi , does anybody know how far the beam goes??

I wasnt able to test this out
Thx

With a beam expander that is able to lower the mRad from 2-3 to like 0.2-0.3, very far. You could point someone 20km away and they would be able to see a blue light coming from that direction (but it probably wouldn't be visible on the ground)

DrSid

Such expander does not exist. I'm unless it will be elliptical lens, which I doubt, it wont exist.

X FLY

Such expander does not exist. I'm unless it will be elliptical lens, which I doubt, it wont exist.

You can always make your own :p On top of that the Spartan has alot of space between the opening and the lens where you can stuff all kind of optics.

DrSid

Actually who knows. Simple elliptical lens would do it, if it was tuned to the diode. At large batch, the price could be acceptable.

With a beam expander that is able to lower the mRad from 2-3 to like 0.2-0.3, very far. You could point someone 20km away and they would be able to see a blue light coming from that direction (but it probably wouldn't be visible on the ground)

I have made a test (few hours ago)

I turned the spartan on, and shined it to me friend (2km away)

He was next to the beam ( not infront )

he told me, that he didnt see it

How far goes the beam without expander ?

X FLY

I have made a test (few hours ago)

I turned the spartan on, and shined it to me friend (2km away)

He was next to the beam ( not infront )

he told me, that he didnt see it

How far goes the beam without expander ?

Without an expander it doesn't go very far because it diverages so quickly :( DragonLasers should release a new beam expander that fits the Spartan soon (according to their facebook page)

Last edited:
Without an expander it doesn't go very far because it diverages so quickly :( DragonLasers should release a new beam expander that fits the Spartan soon (according to their facebook page)

Yeah , in Frank´s video: YouTube - Laser Beam Expander

He says the beam will have a range that goes 10 times more :bowdown:
That would be cool , and also focusing and reduce divergence :yh:

I wonder how much it will cost :confused:

Ps: I forgot to say that i already have my spartan xDDD ( i will make my review , when i have time (1-2 weeks )
PPs: At the Dragonlasers Facebook Fan Page , I´m Marvin Brandtner xD

Last edited:
I've been looking around for other types of rcr123a batteries besides the yellow Tenergy ones I already have. I have this lineup:

Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/photo-lithium/cr123/tenergy-rcr123-3-2v-750mah-lifepo4-rechargeable-battery
Buy Tenergy LiFePO4 RCR123A, Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, 3.0V, 750 mAh | Tenergy 30020(I have these)
http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/photo-lithium/cr123/tenergy-cr123-rechargeable-900mah-li-ion-protected-battery

I'm thinking about replacing my 750mah yellow Tenergy bats with the 900mah protected ones, and I suspect that the two 750mah bats are the same with different colors, but i'm not sure. Any thoughts on which to get to replace the yellow ones?

Last edited:

X FLY

I've been looking around for other types of rcr123a batteries besides the yellow Tenergy ones I already have. I have this lineup:

Tenergy RCR123A 3.0V 900mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/photo-lithium/cr123/tenergy-rcr123-3-2v-750mah-lifepo4-rechargeable-battery
Buy Tenergy LiFePO4 RCR123A, Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery, 3.0V, 750 mAh | Tenergy 30020(I have these)
http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/photo-lithium/cr123/tenergy-cr123-rechargeable-900mah-li-ion-protected-battery

I'm thinking about replacing my 750mah yellow Tenergy bats with the 900mah protected ones, and I suspect that the two 750mah bats are the same with different colors, but i'm not sure. Any thoughts on which to get to replace the yellow ones?

DON'T get the blue tenergy batteries (900mAh) for your spartan. (Read the first post, the review itself. Laserlight has a battery test in the end of his review)

DON'T get the blue tenergy batteries (900mAh) for your spartan. (Read the first post, the review itself. Laserlight has a battery test in the end of his review)

Ok, i have the conrad 3.0 V 650 mAh batteries and they are good

I get 20 min. of laser runtime ;)

The batteries are expansive (30€+charger) ... but you get good quality batteries