Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dorcy/osram build

in what universe is that helping you to de-clutter your life dave?
or are you just doing a little laser MD.?? lol

I know baby steps-
I resisted your last sale-
it was not easy- a feeding frenzy of buyers!!!

Last edited:

^^ tell me all about it- bro
I have three OLD Jrs just waiting to be come a RGB or RBrB- matching set-
love those little Jrs-- feels so good in hand.

note to self..
do not send the Dorcy Jrs. to Cheeck for building--lol j/k

daguin

in what universe is that helping you to de-clutter your life dave?
or are you just doing a little laser MD.?? lol

I know baby steps-
I resisted your last sale-
it was not easy- a feeding frenzy of buyers!!!

Right now it is a broken flashlight sitting in my drawer :(
However, it will soon be a pocket burner :evil:
At that point, I can get it into the community for a cheap price :angel:

Less clutter for me, a small profit for Ehgemus, AND a deal on a pocket burner for a member

WIN/WIN/WIN :D

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I love the dorcy builds :) please post a photo of the build when you are done! I wrecked the pill of mine so i had to improvise with a rubber tail button and a nail and a coin :p worked beautifully though! Mc guyver style :D

@ dave

winning-charlie1-1.jpg

When I put the switch in the tail cap, I used hot melt glue....in a few steps, each step I used a hair blow dryer to level the glue. Make sure the connections to the spring and tail cap are good.....before you start gluing (trust me) :beer:

Here is a pic of the cap....

PICT0003_zps53a22991.jpeg

thanks again! i see where you had to re-glue/repair. just waiting on the thai's to be over holiday and get back to work shipping my switches.

daguin

I had to replace a switch on one, the switch that worked for me was ----> 3 x Push Button Switch Latching DPDT 0 5A 50VDC 6x6mm Free Shipping | eBay

They can be a pain to get apart, just take your time:beer:

thanks man! i'll report back. $.99 and free shipping i'm in.

I just got mine.
Those switches are 6x6 mm
The switch and holder in my Dorcy is 8x8mm :(
My fault
I didn't think to check

I just ordered (hopefully) ones that will work
3pcs 8mmx8mm 8x8 Push Lock Latch Tactile Power Micro Panel PCB on Off Switch 8mm | eBay

I had to get three (and I hope I'll only need one) so if your Dorcy also needs the 8x8 switch, I can send you one of these when I get them

It will probably be faster than another order from China

Peace,
dave

Great thread
despite the fails-- I learned some things to do and also NOT do.
And my old style Dorcy Jrs deserve better than life unfulfilled in my project drawer.
So reading this has reminded me that this project is overdue.

got my switches today! pretty quick. ya know, i have 2 fandyfire hosts with bad switches - these might work! thanks hak:beer:

i haven't been able to get to it yet. i did remove the contact spring and it's black plastic mounting, but so far I haven't been able to get the white plastic, that's under it, out.

i haven't been able to get to it yet. i did remove the contact spring and it's black plastic mounting, but so far I haven't been able to get the white plastic, that's under it, out.

If I am remembering correctly, one of the retaining parts broke, most likely that white piece your referring to. ( It was a long time ago, right after the dorcy jr group buy...that ended up being the new style. I ended up buying a used one with a bad switch ).

I used the hot melt because the retaining piece wouldn't stay in on it's own. You may get it out without breaking it....my eyesight is not so good. Just letting you know that if you do break the retainer....all is not lost.

This is one of the switches that I received, and should look like the one in the tail cap,,,

Switch_zps31a4a248.jpeg

daguin

Mine has a round black plastic piece in the tail with a square hole in it for the switch.

After you get the retaining piece out, the switch and round adapter just push out

IMG_1916_zps6a3a6e87.jpg

IMG_1917_zpsd5ea78c3.jpg

IMG_1918_zps8c57d8d5.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited: