Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dont buy from lazerer!

just imagine how many diodes/drivers Blord has burnt out completely. pretty sure he posted a picture of a full draw of them.......roughly $1000+ wasted. live and learn, its not just chinese sellers, we've had plenty of scammers on this site as well but we tend to weed them out quick. if you cant afford to fix it now then just hold on to it until you can. as someone else said for under $100 you can make it x10 better than a lazerer laser. lasers are expensive and they break like any other electronic but it just happens lasers are finicky

Matrix

Yeah i guess i wont quit but like, ive never been scammed before so it really pisses me off. thanks for your help guys im just gonna file a paypal complaint and hope it works..

Payapal hates lasers and they may shut down your account if you disupte a laser purchase.

Thats why people will tell you not to put laser or anything in the paypal money transfer.

yeah, your only chance to get the money back i fight with max about it or possibly if you used a CC through PP, then you can fight it with the CC company and they might be able to refund your money???? worth a shot id say

MK19

This really worries me, as I have one on the way from Lazerer. I checked his website and the 1.2 W rifle I purchased is no longer listed on his website. Might be the end of the hobby for me as wel.

i think he deletes items as the run out of stock and re-adds them when they are in stock but not sure. i really hope everything goes well for both of you and it sucks to hear lazerer is having a rough patch :/

MK19

i think he deletes items as the run out of stock and re-adds them when they are in stock but not sure. i really hope everything goes well for both of you and it sucks to hear lazerer is having a rough patch :/

I will wait to pass judgement until everything arrives. I am being too hasty and assuming the worst, when most of the information available is positive. While I am sorry for your bad laser, 100% working product is impossible. One can only imagine how many orders he fulfills.

When I get mine, I will write up a full review. I hope you get your laser issues resolved, OP.

Building your own really isn't that hard. Read up on, and watch some videos on soldering, then practice basic soldering on old electronics.

If you can solder a wire to a pcb contact, you can build a laser. A host kit from survival laser (or someone on the forum) with a drilled pill and battery contact, and a M140 module with preset driver and you got all you need. All that's left is soldering the wires from the driver to the battery board, then put it together.

That's the quick and easy way. Plus you can't beat the feeling of firing up a laser you built...

my two cents:
I have the 1500mW rifle from lazerer. It works great. At one point, I fouled up the lens. I emailed max, asking if it could be replaced with a lens from rayfoss or survival lasers, and I NEVER HEARD BACK from him. I ended up deciding to risk buying a lens (two actually) from rayfoss, and they do work in the rifle. I agree Max can be bad at returning emails, I never had this problem with DL, Jetlasers, and especially not with Blord.

All I can recommend is patience and politeness. All people are disinclined to help pissy people out, not that you don't have the right to be, assuming you are completely in the right.

MK19

Building your own really isn't that hard. Read up on, and watch some videos on soldering, then practice basic soldering on old electronics.

If you can solder a wire to a pcb contact, you can build a laser. A host kit from survival laser (or someone on the forum) with a drilled pill and battery contact, and a M140 module with preset driver and you got all you need. All that's left is soldering the wires from the driver to the battery board, then put it together.

That's the quick and easy way. Plus you can't beat the feeling of firing up a laser you built...

I would love to take this route.

Unfortunately, my wife does not share my enthusiasm for mad scientist projects. She has yet to understand the telescope occupying the far corner of the living (which gets used every weekend), as well as my small chemistry set. It was rather difficult to convince her to let me get a laser. I fear if she is not at least a little impressed, this endeavor will end before it begins.

This seems par for the course for vendors. Establish reputation with stellar service, and then coast.

It is also to a degree the result of success. When you have a lot of customers, you simply do not have the same amount of time to deal with every possible problem.

The Warranty/Terms policy is strict, but straightforward: Terms and Conditions

This is why I suggest always opening the package as soon as possible after you receive it, and notifying the seller if there is a problem immediately, preferably same day.

I'm a bit surprised that Lazerer would refuse to have the laser looked at, if you shipped it back. I suspect I know the reason why though, and the rationale behind it.

well the button broke so i thought that was the problem. I replaced the button clicked it on and the laser didnt turn on but it got massively hot.. i instantly removed the batteries the laser did not turn on. so yeah he sent me a button replacement

Did the batteries also get very hot? I assume there was no light at all produced?

To me it sounds like there was a short.

Please provide some more details?

I suspect that if you told the same thing to lazerer, he would also assume that both the driver and the diode, or just the diode are fried, and need replacement.

Shipping from the US tracked will set you back $38. Diode & driver another $60 just in parts. Labor, tack on let's say another $10-$20.

If you sent it, and that was the case. Imagine how much more pissed you would be, when he asked you to pay another ~$70-$90?

I suggest since you've been here a little while, post a thread in the B/S/T section, for "Need Repair Broken Lazerer Rifle".

There are many builders on here who will be able to help you out. Most people will at least look at it for free, and tell you exactly how much it will be to repair. This will almost definitely run less than the cost of having dealt with lazerer for repairs, had that been an option.

Matrix

No light at all and batteries were hot as well. il think about making a thread to fix the laser but i dont got any money right now so i guess il wait

ARG

I had the same issue with a 500mW 405nm rifle, worked for 10 seconds and died. It's a problem with the driver not regulating the current properly. It increases until the diode pops.

You need to understand that Lazerer is not affiliated
with this Forum. He is just a member here.

It is to his best interest to satisfy his LPF customers
since they communicate with each other.
Have you told him that you are an LPF member ???

Perhaps when Max checks in he will tell us his side
of this story...

To leave a hobby because you bought a Laser from
somewhere else makes no sense to me...

Jerry